Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Femoral bleedout - Warning *GRAPHIC*

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sadmin View Post
    Is a gunshot wound in that zone common or rare in combat? How large is the zone that can be hit by the bullet and sever that artery? I mean, I know the bullet will flip and yaw, but with as much emplasis as it takes to get a spinal coloumn hit, does the same apply to the femoral zone, or is it if you just hit the upper thigh with a rifle caliber it will likely be damaged?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGuPQ_oHrvA

It happened to a police officer in Las Vegas a couple years ago. He had a partner who knew what he was doing (former EMT) and saved his life.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I am just a normal guy who likes to shoot as a hobby. These videos are always a real eye opener to what this "Hobby" is capable of. I don't know if I missed it, but why did no one help this fella? All those uniforms just standing around watching? I practice Kali so we do a lot of knife fighting and it's true this is a common target with an edged weapon and it's all too easy to hit. I have no experience with ever trying to "apply" this with anything other than a practice knife. Has anyone ever seen an edged weapon do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Don't count on anything you don't sleep with attached to your body to be present when you have to fight for your life.
    I will never get to train as much as I want to. So when I do I need to make it count.
    F@ck Yolo. Bangarang!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345