Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Army Fielding New IFAK

Feedback Score

Army Fielding New IFAK

The Army has begun fielding a new IFAK which looks to be a significant improvement on the old ones.

http://kitup.military.com/2013/12/ar...tml#more-27138
    "When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not Guilty." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck." ~ Colonel Jeff Cooper

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Well the good side for me is there should be plenty of the "old" kits available for sale now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by indawire View Post
    Well the good side for me is there should be plenty of the "old" kits available for sale now.
    I wonder how long it will be before "wayward" new versions begin popping up on eBay.
    "When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not Guilty." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck." ~ Colonel Jeff Cooper

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    I've been able to get hands on several versions of the new Flat IFAK kits over the past couple of years... they are (imho) a very solid design idea. Here is one I reviewed a little while back:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152292655788327
    I put the "Amateur" in Amateur Radio...

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    And thank you frorthe review, well done.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Eye shield... brilliant. Why didn't we think of this sooner? Eye trauma is not well covered in most TCCC. Seems like a simple addition current IFAKs.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I used one of these when they first came out. Great design and well thought out. I still have some issues with the packing list but it is an improvement to the way that it is carried.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    I've been playing with the one I drew from RFI last month.

Definitely a step forward and I'm glad it was issued. (as was the Ops Core H-Nape)

I'm deploying soon, so I'll wait to give my opinion of its performance until I get back.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I still have some issues with the packing list but it is an improvement to the way that it is carried.
    Could you expand on this? What would you prefer?

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I am just not sold on the packing list. I make sure that there are a minimum of 2 chest seals. This is because I usually have to use at least 2 on everyone that I have had to put a chest seal on. I also think that for the regular Joe out there there does not need to have any gauze in there. Put bandages in it them and a package of Combat Gauze. I am not sure what the Big Army teaches for TCCC but I would also have a 14 gauge in there for decompression. It is a very simple treatment that can make all of the difference in the world.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast