G&R Tactical
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Wilson Combat ETM HD Mags with FLATWIRE springs (pics)

Feedback Score

New Wilson Combat ETM HD Mags with FLATWIRE springs (pics)

So, we have been working on a cool new product-and it is finally ready.

We set out to take the technology around flatwire/square wire springs and use it to build a "bullet proof" 8-round magazine. We have been testing these springs for almost a year. They take a small initial set and after that they do not lose significant tension. They are the ultimate hard use magazine. We have had these out with a cadre of testers and all reports have been exceptional. The springs are more expensive, but we guarantee them for life.

The wider, stouter spring solves several issues regarding long term spring life, high velocity ammunition and extreme use-like high volume SWAT or competition training. More reports to follow. You guys heard it first

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/1911-Eli...ctinfo/500C-HD

ETM Heavy Duty/+P rated .45 ACP magazines with Wilson Combat exclusive stainless flatwire MAX magazine spring and our time-tested stainless steel ETM tube.
    Guaranteed to never need replacement, the ETM with MAX spring will change the 1911 magazine forever. Our testing has shown these to be the most reliable 8 round, .45 ACP 1911 magazines in the world.

The heat-treated MAX flatwire construction never gets stressed or over-compressed like a conventional spring and is guaranteed tonever require replacement even after high round counts or daily, extreme duty use.

Maximum strength-up to 25% stronger than standard 1911 mag springs for superior reliability with defensive and +P loads and more positive slide lockback .

Maximum longevity MAX flatwire spring will never lose optimum feeding tension as long as you own the magazine -guaranteed! Extensively tested by the Wilson Combat Shooting Team and testfire crew.

Maximum corrosion resistance-heat treated stainless MAX spring won’t corrode in high humidity or marine environments-a leading cause of service pistol spring fatigue.

The ETM Heavy Duty/+P retains all the features of the standard ETM magazines:

Increases Reliability in ALL 1911 Pistols
    Aircraft Grade Certified Stainless Steel Tube Resists Corrosion
    The ETM has the Strongest Magazine Tube Yet Developed, Virtually Eliminating Feed Lip
    Cracking, Tube Spread and Cracking and General Fatigue
    Refined Radius for Each Bend in the Tube to Take Advantage of the Strength in the Stainless Steel
    Proprietary, Custom Designed Welding Process
    Proprietary Multi-Step Tumbling and Finishing Process Provides Smooth Follower Operation and Insertion into the Weapon
    Observation Slots Moved to the Rear of the Tube, Located Exactly Where They Need to be to Maintain the Structural Integrity
    Innovative Follower Design With its Extended Skirt Ensures Stability in Operation and Minimizes Creep from the Tube when the Magazine is Empty
    Fiber-Fill Nylon Self-Lubricating Follower Provides Smooth Round Feeding
    Positive Slide-Lock After the Last Round has been Fired
    The ETM Seats and Locks in the Weapon with the Slide Down
    Removable Base Pad for Easy Maintenance and Versatility with Different Base Pad Options
    The Quality Control Behind the ETM Promises a Lifetime of Smooth and Reliable Operation
    No-Risk Service Policy - If It Breaks from Normal Use, We Replace It!

Note: Magazines equipped with the MAX spring will feel stiff for the first few times they are loaded and will initially require more pressure to seat in the gun. For best results load and unload your magazines a few times prior to your first range session and keep them fully loaded for a few days prior to first use if possible. This will allow your MAX spring to take a set at the optimum rating for a lifetime of service use.
    Often Imitated-NEVER Duplicated
    Wilson Combat Online Representative
    m4carbine.net SITE SPONSOR
    www.wilsoncombat.com
    info@wilsoncombat.com
    (800) 955-4856

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'll admit, I've got some old 47Ds that I've been meaning to rotate to failure drills. I may have to get these for my carry rotation.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

replacement springs?

I've got a supply of the 47Ds as well. Are you going to offer replacement springs anytime soon?

Feedback Score
    Kurt,
    We have replacement springs for the 47D....

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Spring_F...tinfo/47SFK-8/

We do not, however, have MAX Flatwire springs for the #47D. That is only available in the ETM HD magazine. The spring from the ETM HD mag will in NO WAY fit in a #47 magazine tube.

At this time, we are using all of the MAX Flatwire springs we can get for magazines....we do not have the springs for sale as replacements.
    www.wilsoncombat.com
    info@wilsoncombat.com
    (800) 955-4856

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Ok. Let us know when you get to the point where you offer flat wire replacement springs for the 47Ds. If these springs are the shiznit don't forget about all of us.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    OOS on your website, when are you expecting more to be in stock?

Todd

Feedback Score
    Todd,
    They are instock now!
    www.wilsoncombat.com
    info@wilsoncombat.com
    (800) 955-4856

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Any plans to offer these in black or with the ETM base pads?
    OIF/OEF vet (Ramadi/Hit & Ghazni)
    Former Army infantry squad leader
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    NR-EMT

Feedback Score
    Code,
    Right now, we are only able to get enough springs to offer what we have. Eventually, we hope to offer more models with this great spring, but it could take awhile. Thanks for the interest!
    www.wilsoncombat.com
    info@wilsoncombat.com
    (800) 955-4856

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm definitely looking forward to the time when I can retrofit all my ETMs and 47Ds with flat wire springs. I can totally understand why focus is on the new production stuff but I have a lot of mag bodies and followers and base pads that are in great shape and needs them some lovin as well.
    Full disclosure: I'm the editor of Calibre Magazine, which is Canada's gun magazine. In the past I've done consulting work for different manufacturers and OEM suppliers, but not currently. M4C's disclosure policy doesn't seem to cover me but we do have advertisers, although I don't handle that side of things and in general I do not know who is paying us at any given time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast