Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Illinois State Police say: You may begin training for carry concealed.

Feedback Score

Illinois State Police say: You may begin training for carry concealed.

A Historic day for Illinois. Important parts highlighted.

http://www.isp.state.il.us/media/pre...ils.cfm?ID=761

SPRINGFIELD – Illinois State Police (ISP) Officials announced today that a list of all currently approved concealed carry firearms training curricula is now available on the ISP website at: http://www.isp.state.il.us/

Approved curricula are ready for use and available for all skills required by the Illinois Firearm Concealed Carry Act (the “Act”), such as firearm safety; basic principles of marksmanship; care, cleaning, loading and unloading of a concealable firearm; transportation of a firearm; and instruction on the appropriate and lawful Interaction with law enforcement while transporting or carrying a concealed firearm. Approved instructors with access to approved curricula, may begin instruction immediately.

The Department has also updated its approved firearms instructor registry that includes a wide range of instructors who have met all eligibility guidelines and requirements. A significant number of firearms instructor applications received were either incomplete or contained errors. Letters have been sent to affected instructor applicants for correction. These applications will be processed further upon receipt of the requested information.

Approved instructors will receive a packet containing instructions outlining their responsibilities for the training under the Act. This packet will also contain a Certificate of Completion form that instructors will issue to class attendees upon successful completion of training.

Training based on approved curricula may begin immediately. Concealed Carry License applications will be available by January 5, 2014.

The Illinois State Police regularly updates its Concealed Carry FAQ’s with information regarding the Illinois Concealed Carry process. Updates may be found at: http://www.isp.state.il.us/
    -Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; USCCA Certified Instructor; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
    www.alphakoncepts.com www.gunrights4illinois.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Wait, what? They're not waiting until the last second or putting a delay on it? This is Illinois still, right?

Feedback Score
    Congratulations to Illinois citizens. I hope it gets better and better there.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Do we yet have reciprocity? Don't they have to also change that because of the SCOTUS decision?
    "Those who do can't explain; those who don't can't understand"...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MSpera View Post
    Wait, what? They're not waiting until the last second or putting a delay on it? This is Illinois still, right?
    LOL Shocking huh! You still have to wait until January 5th before applications will be available. But at least all the early birds can be trained up and ready to go. I suspect there will be alot of next day mail being hustled into Springfield, IL on January 6th.
    -Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; USCCA Certified Instructor; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skydivr View Post
    Do we yet have reciprocity? Don't they have to also change that because of the SCOTUS decision?
    I have not heard anything about reciprocity and it being a part of any SCOTUS decision but maybe I just never heard of it. Can you point something out?

My understanding of reciprocity is that states will acknowledge EACH OTHER if their training and requirements are of comparable difficulty levels. Since Illinois is the toughest "shall issue" state I don't expect them to recognize anyone elses CC permits any time soon. Also since the state is broke and out of state permit applicants will pay $300, instead of $150, I think the state is betting on out of state applicants. Final thought, something like 17 states have said they will accept Illinois CC permits due to the stringent requirements to obtain.
    -Thomas

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Any word yet on how long the out of state permits are valid & how much the renewal fee is?

Sent via Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    Any word yet on how long the out of state permits are valid & how much the renewal fee is?

Sent via Tapatalk
    5 years, $300.

http://www.isp.state.il.us/firearms/ccw/ccw-faq.cfm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryr8828 View Post
    Thanks.

Holy crap, $300 for renewal?! That's ridiculous.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post

Sent via Tapatalk
    When you say out of state permits, I assume you mean a non resident permit? Illinois does not honor any other state carry permit at this time. Though non residents may get trained and get their own IL carry permit. The cost for out of state residents to get an IL CC permit is going to be $300 for 5 years.

I've sent a few emails to Wisconsin and Indiana ranges to see if they want me to come do any training classes but have gotten no responses.
    -Thomas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast