Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Illinois State Police say: You may begin training for carry concealed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    Thanks.

Holy crap, $300 for renewal?! That's ridiculous.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Yep! It is crap. But the state is broke and they know some people WILL pay. I fully expect this to be reduced. I fully also expect the NRA and ISRA to fight for reciprocity. Or just contact your federal senators and representatives and urge them to support nation reciprocity. That'll teach greedy IL!
    -Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; USCCA Certified Instructor; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
    www.alphakoncepts.com www.gunrights4illinois.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    When you say out of state permits, I assume you mean a non resident permit? Illinois does not honor any other state carry permit at this time. Though non residents may get trained and get their own IL carry permit. The cost for out of state residents to get an IL CC permit is going to be $300 for 5 years.

I've sent a few emails to Wisconsin and Indiana ranges to see if they want me to come do any training classes but have gotten no responses.
    Correct. I mean non resident.

Yep! It is crap. But the state is broke and they know some people WILL pay. I fully expect this to be reduced. I fully also expect the NRA and ISRA to fight for reciprocity. Or just contact your federal senators and representatives and urge them to support nation reciprocity. That'll teach greedy IL!
    I hope it does get reduced. My wife & I spend a few extended weekends in Chicago each year. It sure would be great to get a permit. Certainly, you can't put a value on your safety but I'm having a hard time deciding if I should drop the coin on a permit/training. If it was $300 initially, then $50 for each renewal after, I could probably talk myself into it. We'll see, at least knowing that other's around me may be carrying is better than the way it was before.

Again, congrats to you guys.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    Reciprocity is a STATE matter that the feds do not need to get into. Something about the camel's nose,etc....

This is a historic event for the 2A, not just the citizens of IL!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    My wife & I spend a few extended weekends in Chicago each year.
    Why would anyone do such a thing on PURPOSE?! LOL
    -Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; USCCA Certified Instructor; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
    www.alphakoncepts.com www.gunrights4illinois.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why would anyone do such a thing on PURPOSE?! LOL
    I know, right?! I thought the same thing originally. Actually, we have a pretty good time. We don't usually venture too far off Mich Ave though. We splurge a lot & drop some good coin on hotels & restaurants. I think the amount of cash we spend down there, I should be given a permit for free.
    We enjoy it so much that I stopped referring to everyone there as FIBs... Except, of course, your politicians.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ryno12; 10-04-13 at 09:22.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Reciprocity is a STATE matter that the feds do not need to get into. Something about the camel's nose,etc....

This is a historic event for the 2A, not just the citizens of IL!!
    I gotcha don't want the FED to be the decision-maker...just wondered if the SCOTUS decision would also include some reciprocity changes..
    "Those who do can't explain; those who don't can't understand"...

Feedback Score
    I think its a beast way for the people because they get awareness of all the laws and easily avoid all the legal actions.And also people can stop other crimes that may happen due to rules breaking.
    Click Here
    Last edited by Albert; 10-29-13 at 01:07.
    If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12