Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moving to Hawaii

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kazbot View Post
    I'll second the plug for OGC and Teddys. Bought my first firearm from OGC and they treated me right. Teddys is pretty damn tasty. My favorite burger spot though was Kua Aina. Aww man, now you got me thinking about all of the food I miss.
    Kua Aina and Teddys are both great. But W&M is where it's at!

OP, you have to go to W&M Burgers. It's almost literally a hole-in-the-wall and you won't see any tourists there. Parking is hard to get, hours are limited, there are no seats and no drive through, but the burgers and fries are amazing. It often beats out both Kua Aina and Teddys in "best burger" votes, but those three generally swap places depending on who's conducting the poll/survey. If it's by local votes, W&M wins. If it's by restaurant critics, Kua Aina or Teddys generally wins.
    Last edited by Koshinn; 10-03-13 at 10:25.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    Kua Aina and Teddys are both great. But W&M is where it's at!

OP, you have to go to W&M Burgers. It's almost literally a hole-in-the-wall and you won't see any tourists there. Parking is hard to get, hours are limited, there are no seats and no drive through, but the burgers and fries are amazing. It often beats out both Kua Aina and Teddys in "best burger" votes, but those three generally swap places depending on who's conducting the poll/survey. If it's by local votes, W&M wins. If it's by restaurant critics, Kua Aina or Teddys generally wins.
    We'll have to take a look then, I knew a place or two like that in San Diego that were awesome.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    OP - since you and the Mrs are beach people, I'd opt for living in Halemano Mil. reservation (HMR) which is the mil housing out towards Haleiwa beach. It's literally across from the old pineapple fields and next to the coffee fields leading out to the North Shore.

Hopefully the state didnt sell those lands to developers or military

Learn to love the Big Isle cause I'm sure you will be on PTA alot as a grunt.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I appreciate all of the insight I've gotten so far guys, please keep it coming. I just started another thread about actually getting my guns there if anyone has any advice on that.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Last time I went, Duke's/Barefoot Bar was pretty good. Teddy's was ok, but There are so many Amazing burger joints here in the southeast, that it is hard to find one as good. Teddy's reminds me of steak and shake or some other chain. Uncle Bo's PuPu bar was really good as well.
    Last edited by steyrman13; 03-31-14 at 20:29.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My advice - choose another state. Hawaii basically sucks for gun owners. I've lived on Oahu( honolulu) and every year the Democratic ruled goverment has tried to change the laws to attempt to seize our guns OR tax them into non existence. This year they proposed to increase the taxes on gun purchases by 40% and raise tax on ammo by 50%. You'll also need to apply for a "federal license" whatever that means to prove you can buy ammo in that caliber.
    So you need to own a gun in that caliber or you can't buy ammo.
    It's not a political statement when I say Democrats - it's just we have had the same party in power for almost 40 years with the exception of Govenor Linda Lingle. I thought she did a fine job but there are alot of underline factors on why the Democrats keep getting re-elected. A majority being that the unions are very strong in a limited population base island, and are in bed with the current goverment.
    IN CONCLUSION- if you love the 2nd amendment then seach for another state. Hawaii sucks for gun owners and the cost of living is outrageous.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123