Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PPQ M2 - First Reaction

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)

Walther PPQ M2 - First Reaction

Just picked up my Walther PPQ M2 last night and could not stop holding it and dry firing it.

Wow....I'm blown away by the ergonomics and trigger on this handgun. Stupid detail, but even the case it comes in is notably higher quality than just about any handgun I've purchased.

The stock trigger is really amazing, far superior to any other striker action I've ever shot before. The reset point is nothing short of phenomenal, *almost* reminds me of a finely tuned 1911 trigger, in terms of reset.

The take up is in two stages and the break is very crisp. My Glock 34 is better, but that's after sinking a $150 Z-tech trigger in it.

The size is really nice as well, it reminds me of a Glock 19.

The handgrip looks goofy as all get-out but it fits the hand like a glove. I'm going to experiment with the different grip pieces that come with it.

Only disappointment is that it only comes with two 15 round magazines. I'm thinking of getting several 17 round mags for it.

I'm so impressed with the Walther PPQ I'm seriously considering using it as my EDC and getting rid of my Glock 26.

We shall see. More later.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Walther really worked some magic on the PPQ trigger. As you've discovered, it is quite good for a striker-fired pistol.

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by evoutfitters View Post
    Walther really worked some magic on the PPQ trigger. As you've discovered, it is quite good for a striker-fired pistol.
    Indeed...I've read quite a lot of comments about it on this forum and elsewhere and Larry Vickers has raved about it, so I finally decided to, forgive me, pull the trigger on it. Got it for $485 on Gunbroker.

I also just picked up three 17 round magazines for it.

It feels very well made/well built.

Kind of cool that it came with the paper target from the factory in Germany that they used to test it, from 15 meters, and it was a VERY tight group! Not sure if they shoot it offhand or from a rest, but...impressive.

More later.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Your reactions mirror mine almost on all items. I'm not too concerned about the 2 round less than most full size magazines. After all the PPQ falls almost between the G19 and M&P in terms of physical dimensions. I have all three of the guns and find that PPQ definitely more comfortable than the M&P, that says a lot. The M&P used to feel the best in my hand and the G19 being the most blocky. The stock PPQ trigger feels better than any Glock factory trigger. I'm satisfied with the trigger and can shoot it equally as accurate and as fast as my APEX internal M&P.

As for carrying, the PPQ is becoming my favorite plastic full size gun, over the M&P. Although they're almost the same size, the PPQ feels "thinner" and rides better in my Comp Tac MTAC IWB. Ordered a Trijicon tritium front sight for it.

The grip is goofy but very comfortable. It looks like a mangled up Highpoint, except with class . With small hands, I prefer the small grip insert.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    I've sold a few of these handguns but didn't get the chance to fire one until one of my customers was at our range one day and let me have it for a magazine. Overall I was pretty impressed by it. The reset is fantastic for a stock striker fire and the grip is easily on par (or better) with a P30 as far as comfort and ergonomics go. Runs smooth and is an accurate little bugger. AND the big kicker is the M2 has a button mag release!! Personally I can't stand european style mag releases. Overall a well rounded pistol for a 9mm, making me question my M11-A1 purchase (just a little) Just wish we had a few more of them as they usually fly off the display cases haha!

~Skeeter
    "Meet success like a gentleman and disaster like a man."

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Thanks, your comment "the grip is goofy" made me laugh out loud because that was precisely why I never bothered to consider them, I just thought they looked too stupid. Last night I was looking at how the grip rests in my hand and realized they knew precisely what htey were doing when they designed it that way. It fits the natural shape of the palm of the human hand. Pretty remarkable actually.

I appreciate your remarks about the M&P. I've not shot one or even handled one before, but have heard good things about them, but have never been inclined to buy one and try it out.

Totally agree re. the trigger over Glock, no question about it on that count. I was a little surprised at much pre-travel there is on it though and it appears there is no way to reduce that. The reset is crazy short. Can't wait to blaze away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Your reactions mirror mine almost on all items. I'm not too concerned about the 2 round less than most full size magazines. After all the PPQ falls almost between the G19 and M&P in terms of physical dimensions. I have all three of the guns and find that PPQ definitely more comfortable than the M&P, that says a lot. The M&P used to feel the best in my hand and the G19 being the most blocky. The stock PPQ trigger feels better than any Glock factory trigger. I'm satisfied with the trigger and can shoot it equally as accurate and as fast as my APEX internal M&P.

As for carrying, the PPQ is becoming my favorite plastic full size gun, over the M&P. Although they're almost the same size, the PPQ feels "thinner" and rides better in my Comp Tac MTAC IWB. Ordered a Trijicon tritium front sight for it.

The grip is goofy but very comfortable. It looks like a mangled up Highpoint, except with class . With small hands, I prefer the small grip insert.

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrignalRECIPE73 View Post
    making me question my M11-A1 purchase (just a little)

~Skeeter
    HERESY!!!! Prepare to be burned at the stake!

Off topic, but over the weekend I got to handle a former SF operator's "work gun" his 1911 that he had modified the trigger down to a .5 lb trigger. It was crazy. The reset was equally crazy.

His comment was, "What's the big deal? When I wanted to shoot somebody, I shot somebody, and when I didn't, I kept my finger off the trigger."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Do you find that your thumb hits the magazine release when gripping the gun one-handed?

Feedback Score
    If you shoot without gloves I would recommend getting some Talon grips. IME with the PPQ its hard to hold on to with sweaty hands.
    Custom pimp my Orange County Overhauled American Sons of Enhanced M4gery Game Changa Neva Been Done Befo piston driven Tactikul Desert Carbean with its own mags

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ptmccain View Post
    Just picked up my Walther PPQ M2 last night and could not stop holding it and dry firing it.

Wow....I'm blown away by the ergonomics and trigger on this handgun. Stupid detail, but even the case it comes in is notably higher quality than just about any handgun I've purchased.

The stock trigger is really amazing, far superior to any other striker action I've ever shot before. The reset point is nothing short of phenomenal, *almost* reminds me of a finely tuned 1911 trigger, in terms of reset.

The take up is in two stages and the break is very crisp. My Glock 34 is better, but that's after sinking a $150 Z-tech trigger in it.

The size is really nice as well, it reminds me of a Glock 19.

The handgrip looks goofy as all get-out but it fits the hand like a glove. I'm going to experiment with the different grip pieces that come with it.

Only disappointment is that it only comes with two 15 round magazines. I'm thinking of getting several 17 round mags for it.

I'm so impressed with the Walther PPQ I'm seriously considering using it as my EDC and getting rid of my Glock 26.

We shall see. More later.
    what are your thoughts on recoil? i thought it recoiled more than most plastic 9s i've shot, but i haven't shot too many rounds through one.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast