Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Low Profile Plate Carriers

Feedback Score

Low Profile Plate Carriers

Does anybody have any experience with these lo-pro plate carriers:

First Spear Slick

LBT Slick

I'm mostly wondering what your opinions are on them. Are they comfortable to wear for long periods of time? Are there any other low profile carriers that any of you lik?Any other thoughts on them?

Feedback Score
    FYI, This will mostly be used under a top layer shirt. I see the LBT can be expanded which is kind of cool. It might be the more flexible of the 2.

Feedback Score
    the type of plate will also dictate what route to go

Feedback Score
    Level IV ceramic

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have used both.

LBT SLICK is a nice carrier, but with Level 4 ceramic you will need some sort of shoulder pads added or you will regret it.

First Spear is a nicely made carrier, and they offer a lot of "plug and play"accessories like pads and added on magazine pouches.

Really depends on what you are trying to do and how much you want to spend.

If you got the LBT route, you have to tell them you have a ESAPI shaped plate versus a Swimmer Cut PLate.......the SLICK was designed for Naval Special Warfare, and it was adapted from the Eagle SLICK carriers made for a Tier 1 Army and Navy unit, and also by the FBI HRT Team.....................they all use a Swimmer or Shooter cut plate versus the square corner ESAPI that is generally sold or issued.

LBT and First SPear units also fit well over a civilian shirt and under a Level 5 jacket or 5.11 or Crye type range vest..............they both lack side protection unless you add side plate pockets or sleeves with soft armor, but anyone will tell you if the shit is about to hit the fan, make sure you have your 3.a soft armor available.

LBT also makes a very lightweight plate carrier for PDS/PSO executive protection ops......and it is shown on their website. It is very light and designed to be worn deep cover........

Good luck on your work. Be safe
    Last edited by SpartanDCI; 10-03-13 at 04:33.
    Your Helmet Will Not Protect You If You Are a Dumb Ass!

Feedback Score
    You can't really go wrong with either company. As far as comfortable armor? It doesn't exist. There are lesser degrees of suck but that's about it. Many factors go into that. For example, plate size/weight, soft armor or lack thereof, padding, body type and how much you wear it day to day. Fitness level is important as well.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Had a chance to check out DDI yet?

I don't own one but they were referred to me by Tactical Tailor when I asking them about individual purchase for their low-pro plate carrier they had at a convention.

Apparently it's a joint venture (if I understand correctly) for this PC.

http://www.deliberatedynamics.com/de...e-carrier.html
    US Army Infantry 2008-2012
    LEO 2012 - Current

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoneOne View Post

I don't own one but they were referred to me by Tactical Tailor when I asking them about individual purchase for their low-pro plate carrier they had at a convention.

I haven't seen that one before. Looks like a nice setup.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoneOne View Post

No hetero - I love you. That's what I've been looking for for a while, and I've had money set aside for a long time for a 6094Slick.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I've been debating about purchasing it. It's the right price (wife might still get mad) It looks like it would work great with my D3 rig and I would use it as an active shooter rig.

Might have to sell my Banshee PC.

Please keep the thread updated when you get it. I e-mailed Jim about the PC a while ago but I have been busy and never got a chance to get with him to set up an order.
    US Army Infantry 2008-2012
    LEO 2012 - Current

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast