Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Low Profile Plate Carriers

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    I have the first spear slick.

It is not really meant to be worn for long periods of time or for concealment - this is per the rep I talked to at warrior east this year. He said it was meant to be just a quick throw-on style PC, only for hard plates (I put AR500 in mine, the ceramics fit too tightly to get a solid velcro seal). I wore it in a recent rifle class, and it wasn't comfortable, at all. I mean, it did what it needed to do, which was carry the plate in a specific position for long periods of time and unless you are bigger than me - 6'0, 180, athletic - the rear plate will not sit high enough for you to cover anything of worth. They have since released a different model (http://www.first-spear.com/product.p...cat=249&page=1) more suited for what the slick was designed for (at least for LEO's or anyone who needs that type of PC). The slick may work with a soft backer/soft plate. My uspalm 10x12 did not fit in it well, it curved and did not sit flat so it was pretty noticeable. I guess if you went smaller it would fit fine, but then its just for pistol rounds, defeats the purpose of a plate PC. Though a fitting soft plate would probably sit very flush and you could conceal it for a long period of time - something I do not have (smaller soft plate) and have not tried so take it with a grain of salt.

pix:

ar500 plate, mounted as high as possible:

with shirt on:

the back (as you can see it doesn't sit well)

and as you can see the hump it shows when you wear a one size-larger than you should be wearing button down that would normally cover everything:

So the short answer is, don't get it.
    With Labor Day sales going around, I almost thought of buying this. Then I remembered this post. Super glad I still remembered things from 2013.

Is there a newer slick PC out in the market? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    If you are in a fight, and something impedes your ability to adequately project force, correct that problem or remove yourself from the fight.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    There are a couple of newer options out there. One that wasn't mentioned in the above thread is the Velocity Systems Lightweight PC. I have been running one and it is good to go in my book. It is identical to the Mayflower APC, but with a slick front and rear and allows for the attachment of their chest rigs and placards. I have personally run the D3CR and a Quad 5.56 Placard on mine with no issues.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    There are a couple of newer options out there. One that wasn't mentioned in the above thread is the Velocity Systems Lightweight PC. I have been running one and it is good to go in my book. It is identical to the Mayflower APC, but with a slick front and rear and allows for the attachment of their chest rigs and placards. I have personally run the D3CR and a Quad 5.56 Placard on mine with no issues.
    Hmm interesting. Nice price range too. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    If you are in a fight, and something impedes your ability to adequately project force, correct that problem or remove yourself from the fight.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Mayflower and Velocity Systems both make great kit. If you find an option from either that fits your needs, you won't be disappointed with the product itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123