Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .308 Lower Choices?

Feedback Score
    I have a Tactical Machining .308 lower. Its been built up with real nice, but is still awaiting an upper. TM does make runs of matching .308 uppers that look nice, but they're a small shop and have been overwhelmed with the 80% market. I've asked repeatedly about when they will make more, but they don't know. They are DPMS compatible, and I've been tempted to just pick up a JD Machine upper, but concerns about tolerances and different manufacturers has stopped me from doing so.

I bought it late last year before the elections, having a sense of what was coming. I also knew I was moving to California and would likely not have another opportunity for a while.

If I could do it again, availability dependent (they weren't at the time), I would have bought a MA-TEN matched set and avoided the whole compatibility issue. Mega makes very nice stuff.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    MaTen is one of the best setups.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am going to build mine up with Keymod with 14.5 in barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Armati View Post
    Is anyone building these up as 7.62 battle rifles? I see a lot of uber-precision builds but how about solid service rifles? Inch thick 20" bbls sort of suck to carry around. I was thinking more along the lines of a 16" medium contour.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12