Thread: ejection problems?

Feedback Score

ejection problems?

Hello Everyone:
    Just got my 6.5 Creedmore up and running, noticed the empties are ejecting in a almost forward angle and landing approx. 3'/4' from me, not sure if this is a problem or not, it just seemd odd to have the empties going forward.
    here is what I have, JP supermatch 22" bbl. with matched bolt, JP low mass bolt carrier,JP silent recoil setup, JP adj. gas block with the gas block screw turned out appx. 3 turns from bottom, there is also some scraping of the headstamps on the empties, all new factory Hornady 120/140 grain ammo, the rifle is a Mega Arms keymod upper and lower.
    Thanks
    kenner
    Last edited by kenner; 10-06-13 at 21:52.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kenner View Post
    Hello Everyone:
    Just got my 6.5 Creedmore up and running, noticed the empties are ejecting in a almost forward angle and landing approx. 3'/4' from me, not sure if this is a problem or not, it just seemd odd to have the empties going forward.
    here is what I have, JP supermatch 22" bbl. with matched bolt, JP low mass bolt carrier,JP silent recoil setup, JP adj. gas block with the gas block screw turned out appx. 3 turns from bottom, there is also some scraping of the headstamps on the empties, all new factory Hornady 120/140 grain ammo, the rifle is a Mega Arms keymod upper and lower.
    Thanks
    kenner

Sounds like a classic case of over-gassing...restrict your gas flow just a little bit from your adjustable gas block...considering you also have a low mass bcg that will also Increase your bolt velocity and thus faster and forward ejection pattern...Good Luck.