Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Couple of Glock 19s I just finished...pics

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Expect mine as well sometime next month

Feedback Score
    Excellent work!

I find that stippling is by far the best modification you can do for a frame. A few years back I had a frame done by Bowie Tactical Concepts and it made the gun extremely shootable compared to a stock gun. Everyone who handles the Bowie modded gun likes it.

I ended up doing a frame myself for a friend of mine and I was happy with the results.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Ben, very nice work. The one thing I want/need to prevent me from going to the dark side/I mean the fine M&P9 is a grip reduction. Can you eliminate more of the hump? I have smallish/girl like hands. Also, could you post or PM me a rough estimate to do two Glocks, including wait time. Once again, they look great. I remember the early Glock do it yourself grip reductions and they looked nasty.

Feedback Score
    THanks FJR. Great work yourself.

Darrin, with an extreme redux the backstrap hump is removed completely. An extreme redux will also bring the grip angle as close as possible to a 1911, meaning the Glock won't point high anymore. I never cared much for extreme reductions...I'd do them for other people, but didn't want them on my Glocks...but the more I do, the more I realize that it's the only way to fly. Improves the shootability of the gun immensely.

Two unique things about my extreme reductions: you won't see any fiberglass anywhere, only Glock plastic (looks better than having a hideous patch of fiberglass exposed on the backstrap); I also mold a speed ramp into the heel of the mag well to facilitate rapid reloads (similar to a grip plug, but this is part of the gun. Just a couple of value added features I offer).

check your PM.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    very nicely done! do you mind PMing me the cost and time something like that takes? for me it would the reduction with almost complete removal of the "finger grooves"...my hands are big...so my fingers sit on the ridges on a G19 instead of in the valleys, for lack of a better term...also, do you undercut the trigger guard at all?

thanks in advance!

trio

Feedback Score
    Trio, PM sent.

My bench is almost continously full anymore, but I'm still able to adhere to my 3 week (or less) turnaround guarantee. If things start to get backed up, I cut out unnecessary time expenditures, like meals, sleep, etc.

I can remove the finger grooves entirely (below is a pic of a G19 I just finished this weekend), or I can reshape them to give you more generous space between them.

Yes, I undercut beneath the trigger guard (and beavertail) on all my Glock reductions...IMO that's a crucial part of making the gun fit the hand better, and also more "shootable."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great job Ben!

Feedback Score
    Thanks Ray. You keeping busy?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Working on the real guns and doing the same work on airsoft trainers....YES. I'm having fun and my customers love their modified weapons.

Recently, I have been doing a lot of 1911s. Many new officers at my P.D. have transitioned to the 1911s. Too bad they don't really know how to keep them running properly. I've been helping them out.

Feedback Score
    LOL...yeah, a 1911 is a tad more maintenance-sensitive than a Glock.

I had a few airsoft inquries, but nothing ever became of it...I think they were strictly gamers, not guys who used them as training tools.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast