Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My rifle returns from Colt HALLELUJAH !!!!

Feedback Score

My rifle returns from Colt HALLELUJAH !!!!

After two trips back to the factory for repairs my Colt LE 901 returns. The whole story is to long to tell , so I'll just hit the highlights. The problems were ; short stroking ( FTF ) and failure to eject but worst of all, brass sticking in the chamber to the point it required a cleaning rod to dislodge it. The first time they had it for ten weeks. When I got it back it had all the same issues. I sent it back a second time but this time I brought my concerns to the attention of a customer service manager. Well after six long months it's back. Now it works as it always should have flawlessly. The upper receiver, BCG and barrel are all new. I truly liked the idea behind this rifles' design, I just hoped they would have gotten it right ,OUT OF THE BOX.

PS A Geissle SSA-E is a must have up grade

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    That's pathetic on the part of Colt.

My Brand new SR15 is at KAC for the 5th week and I thought that was bad.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Huh...

Wow, that's surprising. Based on their reputation, and certainly for the price, I expected better: reliability, at a minimum. Hopefully one bad apple doesn't speak for the whole bushel.

Being new to 308s, this makes me wonder: how common are these types of reliability issues with 308s? I've heard that going for a custom build in 308 is best left to the pros, and there's no readily published mil-spec, but does that translate to issues like these two posts above being "common"?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Dang.. I wanted one of those badly, but didn't get it before the Christmas scare of 2012. On the other hand, my CMMG runs great,, Ron
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Feedback Score

Up date on my LE901

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dot View Post
    Wow, that's surprising. Based on their reputation, and certainly for the price, I expected better: reliability, at a minimum. Hopefully one bad apple doesn't speak for the whole bushel.

Being new to 308s, this makes me wonder: how common are these types of reliability issues with 308s? I've heard that going for a custom build in 308 is best left to the pros, and there's no readily published mil-spec, but does that translate to issues like these two posts above being "common"?
    I've now got 100 more rounds through my rifle since its return and no malfunctions. Accuracy is spot on, though I wish I had a more powerfull scope on it.
    T-Dot, in answer to your ? about 308s , there is an interesting artical in Nov. issue of Guns & Ammo "reloading for 308" worth a read.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just had to send my Daniel defense out to them, waiting for it to come back. All cosmetic stuff here. I can't wait until it's home.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by britishtq View Post
    I just had to send my Daniel defense out to them, waiting for it to come back. All cosmetic stuff here. I can't wait until it's home.
    You sent your Daniel Defense to Colt?
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    For cosmetic reasons? ?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Six months to resolve a quality control issue is unacceptable for any company.

It's good to hear your rifle finally works.
    Last edited by T2C; 10-27-13 at 23:08.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    You sent your Daniel Defense to Colt?
    Oh shit, NO, I sent it to Daniel defense. Typo on my part guys, sorry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast