Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom pistol for EDC

Feedback Score

Custom pistol for EDC

My usual EDC is a Glock 34 0r 35 0r Glock 17 with threaded barrel and a can in my bag in Afrika,with a Streamight TLR1.

Today I went into my safe for something and saw my full house Cylinder and Slide Hi Power, it was calling my name.

So today I carried it. I must add this is in the USA where if I were to be in a shooting all the rules would apply and my pistol would go into evidence even in a good shooting.

So by the end of the day I got thinking about the following, am I being dumb by using such a good pistol for carry?

Or just figure having to get it refinished is the cost of staying alive if I ever had to use it for real.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    What's more valuable: your tools or your life?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    My usual EDC is a Glock 34 0r 35 0r Glock 17 with threaded barrel and a can in my bag in Afrika,with a Streamight TLR1.

Today I went into my safe for something and saw my full house Cylinder and Slide Hi Power, it was calling my name.

So today I carried it. I must add this is in the USA where if I were to be in a shooting all the rules would apply and my pistol would go into evidence even in a good shooting.

So by the end of the day I got thinking about the following, am I being dumb by using such a good pistol for carry?

Or just figure having to get it refinished is the cost of staying alive if I ever had to use it for real.
    id be more concerned about whether the custom features were suited to carry. i sold a custom hi power bc the disconnect removal slowed the reset and i ended up short stroking in rapid fire.
    Last edited by youreacrab; 10-07-13 at 21:28.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LightningFast View Post
    Agree completely.

Feedback Score
    price of the pistol would never keep me from using it, to defend my life.

This pistol is great I carried an issued Hi Power for years and it is a great pistol.

Feedback Score
    You SHOULD get your firearm back after the investigation is concluded so I say carry whatever your most effective with and if god forbid you have to use it then buy a replacement.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The cost of replacement is probably the last thing on my mind when it comes to choosing a CCW.

Pick something that will be reliable, pick something that you're proficient with, pick something that you WILL actually carry.
    "I have your number. Consider yourself warned."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LightningFast View Post
    Agree completely.
    Me too!

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    This is the reason why some recommend having two pistols that are set up exactly the same way. One is used exclusively for carry, and the other is used exclusively for training and backup. If one goes down for whatever reason, you can still use the other one. That's why I have two M&P's.

Feedback Score
    yoni - of all the factors that I consider when determining what pistol to carry, price is not one of them. Is it reliable, accurate, powerful enough, with sufficient capacity? Does it carry well? Are you confident that you can use it to end a fight for your life?

If the answer to all of the above is "yes," then go for it. If there are issues that any of those questions raise, then I'd say stick with what you "normally" use - the Glock.

Regards,

Kevin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast