Thread: Shipping a pistol grip to CT: legal?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Shipping a pistol grip to CT: legal?

A member recently purchased a BCM pistol grip from me on the EE. It wasn't until we had already agreed to the deal that I realized he was from Connecticut.

Does anyone know if it's still legal to ship parts like this to CT? It seems like it would be, but I wanted to check.

(and yes, I know most of you aren't lawyers)

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Gray area, "parts that can be used to manufacture an 'assault weapon' must be registered" But if you register your "assault weapon" then you can modify it with any parts you want.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. CT State police are refusing to offer a legal opinion, and some lawyers are saying its good to go and some are saying no-go.

Applications to keep "Assault weapons" need to be sent in by Jan 1 2014, so in my humble slightly informed opinion I would say you don't have to worry about it until the first of the year.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Hmmm. I would tend to agree. Do you have any links to this stuff? I tried searching for it myself but got completely lost.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    If it is so much a concern, just tell him to go into a LGS & purchase a Magpul grip without the hastle.

Plenty of stores here that have them available & if he has to have a BCM grip, AFAIK, BCM is still shipping those to CT
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." President Ronald Regan

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    It is just a grip. Hope you shipped it.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree