Thread: Recommendation of a good survival book for south eastern united states.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Recommendation of a good survival book for south eastern united states.

I have a survival book but I was courious as to a book that listed certain plants and insects that would be good to eat that is specific to south eastern United States. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    While not a survival book I have always liked field guide for edible/medicinal http://www.amazon.com/Field-Guide-Ed...ref=pd_sim_b_5 theres a couple different ones out there. As far as survival books Les Stroud has some good books, Foxfire series are good as well. Many manual's can be found in PDF form and downloaded.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The problem I have run into is that all such books are based on the flora found in the north and central parts of the US. You are probably best served by building your own field guide. I'd also suggest hooking up with a local "eat the weeds" type of course.
    Last edited by HES; 10-10-13 at 22:28.
    In today's world one of the best things you can do for your child; Get them in Scouting, stay with them in the program, and encourage them to stay in.