Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: good news and bad news on CA gun control bills

Feedback Score

SB363

Summary:
    Makes it illegal to store a handgun and a prohibited person gains access to it.

Feedback Score

SB683

Summary:
    Starting 01-01-2015, in order to obtain a firearm a person must have a valid Firearm Safety Certificate or be exempt from needing one.

Feedback Score
    it's really "bad and less bad news..."

my sympathies - CA is a great piece of land chock full of nuts.

but, the rest of us will be under the same types of laws in the not too distant future.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    In regards to AB1131, I think this will scare away gun owners from ever seeking any kind of psych help for fear of being put on the "no buy" list. Would a docs recommendation also lead to confiscation of existing guns under this law?
    Bad news for gun people with legitimate psych needs.
    My 7 iron is more accurate than my capabilities. Same with my AR.

Feedback Score
    Great only a little bit more rights are taken away and we should be happy ,,,what a society!

Feedback Score
    The bill everyone was worried most about was SB374, which would have expanded the assault weapons laws by redefining what a "detachable magazine" would be, was veto'd by CA Governor Jerry "moonbeam" Brown.

The new definition would have made "detachable magazine" to mean any magazine that can be removed from a firearm without disassembling the action of the firearm.

This would have banned all maglock devices (used to create fixed magazine) and "featureless" semi-auto centerfire rifles that used removable magazines.

CA Governor Jerry Brown's veto letter of SB347
    Quote Originally Posted by Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr
    I don't believe that this bill's blanket ban on semi-automatic rifles would reduce criminal activity or enhance public safety enough to warrant this infringement on gun owners' rights.
    Some say this is good news because the liberal Governor of CA acknowledges that gun bans are an infringements on gun owners' rights. This acknowledgement can now be used/referenced in lawsuits against CA's various gun bans.
    Last edited by Quiet; 10-19-13 at 20:50.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12