Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AR Pistol Lower Laws

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The reason a frame or receiver is transferred as "other" is precisely because it does not meet the definition of "rifle" or "pistol" and could be built as either.

Quote Originally Posted by DS-11B View Post
    I don't think you have anything to worry about though but just realize that there really isn't any DEFINITIVE interpretation of the law, especially when it comes to AR pistols.
    I don't see the need for ATF interpretation, the definition of a rifle, pistol, shotgun, frame or receiver, etc. are simply stated in the law.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have read a ATF letter and had heard of many people getting the same letter on the matter is it is not a rifle until it has a (and I quote) "attached barreled action". And by all ATF, Manufacture, and Gun Store books a completed lower is still only ever a "RECEIVER", caliber "MULTI". Even if someone wanted to argue this, no one could possibly ever prove it, if in fact it was always only a receiver, cal. multi.
    BURY ME WITH MY GUNS ON

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If a lower with stock was a rifle then I could drive right across the state line to a gun shop and buy one. I can't, I've tried. It has to be shipped to my ffl because it is not a long gun/rifle. Thus adding shipping and $25 transfer fee and making it not such a good deal.

Add barreled upper, I can buy it and transport it home myself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123