Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Problem with Sig Sauer

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Problem with Sig Sauer

I bought a Sig P226 and had to send the magazines back due to weak mag springs. More often the not when I would shoot it the rounds would fumble inside the magazine. Sig sent me 4 new magazines and the problem with the new ones is they would get stuck in the magazine well. I would have to grab ahold of the mag and pull fairly hard in order for it to remove. I sent the pistol and all mags back again and when it was returned the magazines did drop freely. So off to the range I went and loaded 10 rounds into my mag. After firing those 10 rounds the magazine, and all after it, had to be removed by me pulling on them. Sig is having me send the weapon back so they can look into it. Has anyone had a problem like this?

Feedback Score
    Sometimes mag wells can be a bit too small to let mags drop free. I would be more worried about whether or not I could remove the mags easily when they don't drop free. You might also see if you can find some other base plates to see if that will make the mags drop free more consistently.
    ˇˇKawaii Desu Ne Haruhi-Chan!!

Feedback Score
    Mag's that are intended to drop free should drop free with factory spec mag well and mag's.

There is no need to start looking for other parts to replace or do any alterations to your gun except by the factory.

Send the gun back and tell them to do it right or refund the money you paid for the gun or send you a new gun that works well. It is obvious that something is out of spec, the mag's or the mag well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Aren't Sigs supposed to work "when it counts"?

Feedback Score
    I just don't recommend counting on a mag to drop free every time. Should a drop free mag system work properly when all components are clean? Ideally yes, but you can't always count on a mag to drop free so you should also be able to perform a reload when the mag doesn't always drop free. I guess I was not very clear about that in my previous post. I merely said what I did before because I thought the OP had already sent the gun back to Sig.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzintzuntzan View Post
    I just don't recommend counting on a mag to drop free every time. Should a drop free mag system work properly when all components are clean? Ideally yes, but you can't always count on a mag to drop free so you should also be able to perform a reload when the mag doesn't always drop free. I guess I was not very clear about that in my previous post. I merely said what I did before because I thought the OP had already sent the gun back to Sig.
    I get what your saying. I think it should drop free and I would like it to however after reading your comment I will also train in a way that would prepare me for when the mag does not drop free. Thanks for the comment. What do OP mean?

Feedback Score
    OP just means the person who started the thread. I'd also prefer a mag that drops free since it's honestly more difficult to use a gun that doesn't let the mags drop free at least most of the time. For the most part good maintenance will prevent the mags from sticking but if the outside of the mag or the mag well gets dirt or grit it may not be able to drop free even with aftermarket base plates.
    Last edited by Tzintzuntzan; 10-16-13 at 13:47.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Problem with Sig Sauer

I had that problem with my glock until I started lubing the inside of the magwell and the outside of the mags when I clean the gun. No problem anymore. With my xd I had to bend the mags til they dropped free. Maybe try that?
    Last edited by britishtq; 10-16-13 at 15:53.

Feedback Score
    Which mag manufacturer? Sig jumps around a bit with contractors. I've seen some checkmate P226 mags that have a thicker coating on them and do tend to stick a little. If your mags are made in the U.S. and have a black bake on looking finish, that's likely the problem.
    Stick with factory marked mags from MecGar. These will be marked "made in Italy" on the side. These are 100% across the board and will have a dark greyish phosphate finish in most cases.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DBZ220 View Post
    Which mag manufacturer? Sig jumps around a bit with contractors. I've seen some checkmate P226 mags that have a thicker coating on them and do tend to stick a little. If your mags are made in the U.S. and have a black bake on looking finish, that's likely the problem.
    Stick with factory marked mags from MecGar. These will be marked "made in Italy" on the side. These are 100% across the board and will have a dark greyish phosphate finish in most cases.
    Try the Mec Gar mags. If that does not address the problem send it back to SIG.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast