Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ruger SR-762…*looks interesting…

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalash9305 View Post
    Took mine out Thursday.
    Cycled the Gen 3's no problem.
    I think I'm gonna use that Slip 2000 over my cornflakes too lol
    Ammo used? Which gas setting?
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here's my original 561-02xxx with a Gen2 magazine. Note the position of the feed pawl/lug in relation to the top cartridge in the magazine.

Here's the new rifle, which is serial number 561-07xxx. Note the round sits much higher. The same magazine as pictured above is used here.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Ammo used? Which gas setting?
    American Eagle and PPU.
    Started at 3 then switched down to 2.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosco Benson View Post
    The rifle was returned without the three plastic handguard gizmos and the two factory rail sections that were on the rifle when it was returned. Annoying. I anticipate that it'll take just a phone call to sort this out.
    I contacted Ruger through their website about the missing stuff on 4/8/14. The replacements arrived on 4/14/14. Excellent turnaround and correct parts sent.

Strangely, I got their e-mail reply that the parts would be sent out on 4/15/14, a day after they actually arrived.

Haven't had time to test the fix they did. The rifle will now cycle dummy rounds from Gen 3 P-Mags. It wouldn't do that before, so I am optimistic as regards the fix.

Rosco

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosco Benson View Post
    Haven't had time to test the fix they did. The rifle will now cycle dummy rounds from Gen 3 P-Mags. It wouldn't do that before, so I am optimistic as regards the fix.

Rosco
    That's good news. How far up do the dummies sit in relation to the bolt? Are they pretty much even with where the lugs end and the bolt face begins?

On a related note, I tried using my old SR-762 upper on my new higher mag catch lower. While the two parts mate up fine and the takedown pins slide in just fine, I cannot get a magazine to lock in using this combination of parts. So there's more to the fix

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    That's good news. How far up do the dummies sit in relation to the bolt? Are they pretty much even with where the lugs end and the bolt face begins?

On a related note, I tried using my old SR-762 upper on my new higher mag catch lower. While the two parts mate up fine and the takedown pins slide in just fine, I cannot get a magazine to lock in using this combination of parts. So there's more to the fix

Agreed. The caseheads of the rounds do not sit as high as the photos earlier in the thread show the "new" lowers do. They are a bit higher than the "old lower" photo. My guess would be that Ruger has a specific upper that drops the BCG somewhat lower to compensate for the too low magazine catch in the early lowers. As long as it works, it works. However, it'll make for a confusing situation later in the product life cycle. For example, let's say Ruger starts offering uppers in .243 or some such. They'll probably have to produce two SKU's or do a disclaimer that the new uppers are for s/n XXX-XXXXX and up ONLY.

As I noted previously, I am optimistic that the fix will work for THIS rifle. If things are as I suspect they are, it'll complicate the situation in terms of not living up to the Lego-like interchangeable paradigm of the various 5.56 platforms. Early adopters are just beta-testers anyway.

Rosco

Feedback Score
    I am really liking my Ruger 762. It is a newer build and it looks like Ruger has all the problems the early rifles had resolved. I am not fond of the trigger or stock, but I knew this going in. I bought a replacement buttstock when I bought the rifle. I have a Geissele SSA-E ordered. Bought a Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 and waiting on my Burris PEPR mount to come in. This will be a great rifle when I am finished and should last a lifetime.

Feedback Score
    I have the newer (up graded ?) 762 build and all's going well so far too. No problems with the gen2 or 3 mags and it's not ammo picky. Didn't care for the stock,switched that out right away. Light buff/pollish took care of the trigger and that will get better as time goes on. If it's like my other Rugers,it's here to stay.
    Give Me the Eyes of an Eagle.The Courage of a Lion and the Balls of a Combat Helicopter Pilot. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm messing with some heavier buffers in mine. I am currently running an H3 and an orange spring from Sprinco. The orange spring feels a bit stiffer but isn't extremely so. It is subjective but I'd say it's maybe 5% heavier than the factory Ruger spring.

With full-power M80 ball and my AAC 762-SDN-6 in place, the action really thumps even on setting #1. I tried a few rounds last weekend with the H3 and this slowed things down a bit but the gun still ejects to maybe 2:00. I'd like to slow the bolt down and get the gun to eject at closer to 3:00 with the can on.

I'm going to try a PWS H4 upper in the gun next. The kicker will be whether or not the gun will still run fine with this extra heavy buffer once I take my can off.

One thing's for sure; the addition of the H4 buffer sure changes the rifle's point of balance.

Feedback Score
    Installed the Geissele SSA-E trigger today. Very very nice addition to the SR 762. I am now very satisfied and will make no more changes. Extremely accurate and never malfunctions, everything I wanted

Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast