Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast

Thread: New Ruger SR-762…*looks interesting…

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Thinking about getting one. A guy has one with about 60 rounds through it with a Spikes trigger and 3 extra mags for $1550. S/N is 1000+... Worth the money?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbynate View Post
    Thinking about getting one. A guy has one with about 60 rounds through it with a Spikes trigger and 3 extra mags for $1550. S/N is 1000+... Worth the money?
    I think you'll enjoy the gun if you buy it. And Ruger will take care of it if it won't run with the latest PMAG's.

See if you can talk him down another $75-$100. I think they're running not too much over $1500 new.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I think you'll enjoy the gun if you buy it. And Ruger will take care of it if it won't run with the latest PMAG's.

See if you can talk him down another $75-$100. I think they're running not too much over $1500 new.
    Thanks for the input! I will try to work the guy a little and see what comes out of it....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I haven't shot my SR in awhile but it is a fun gun. Good luck.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I haven't shot my SR in awhile but it is a fun gun. Good luck.
    I like the caliber. I had a SCAR 17 but I had to much $ in it to justify keeping it. Like you, I only shot it on a few occasions. I sold it with intentions to get a AR-10 style rifle and also add another AR15 to the safe. Well I added a Knights Armament SR-15 E3 MOD 1 and a Del ton sport with money left over to buy an AR-10 type rifle in this price range. I also like the Ruger as it has the gas shut off for single shoot suppressor shooting.. The SCAR didn't have that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Were you able to get the rifle, Cabbynate?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Were you able to get the rifle, Cabbynate?
    I have a new DPMS G2 Recon coming instead. I like the idea of being able to change the rail out. Thanks for all the help with the Ruger though. It was a tough call. Hope I made the right decision...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You won't go wrong with the G2. I really like mine and think DPMS did an outstanding job with the AR-10 redesign.

In case you're not aware, your new rifle may or may not lock the bolt open when using Magpul "Gen3" magazines. When Magpul updated the mag they optimized it to work with the KAC platform. This lowered the follower just a bit so now it probably won't trip the bolt stop in your G2.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    You won't go wrong with the G2. I really like mine and think DPMS did an outstanding job with the AR-10 redesign.

In case you're not aware, your new rifle may or may not lock the bolt open when using Magpul "Gen3" magazines. When Magpul updated the mag they optimized it to work with the KAC platform. This lowered the follower just a bit so now it probably won't trip the bolt stop in your G2.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk
    Pretty sure I saw an unofficial fix for this a while ago, as I recall it involved taking just a hair of material off the follower.

Yeah, here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...05#post2074705

Note his caveat about the effect on SR-25 compatibility if doing this though.
    Last edited by skp; 03-06-15 at 13:18.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Sweet. I had read about the Magpul mag issue and have seen picks of the fix so I'm GTG there. I also heard the IMI mags work well and are only $16.95 from AIM surplus. I have 4 Magpul mags and 5 IMI mags and 3 pro mags to play with to see which ones I like best. I'm thinking modded Magpuls for the win. Gonna use a Trijicon TA11F for my optic and not sure what I'm gonna do for hand guards yet. The factory quad rail looks kinda funky..
    Last edited by cabbynate; 03-10-15 at 00:50.

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast