Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ruger SR-762…*looks interesting…

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post
    I'm not sure I would qualify the 1st release, gunbroker prices, indicative of street value.. after seeing SCAR's go for 2-4x retail.
    True enough. Especially since we have no way of knowing what the reserve price is set at.

I note with some interest that the gas parts appear to be the same as those used on the SR-556 and I wonder what parts, if any, have been changed/modified for use with the 7.62 cartridge.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    From Rugers Web site:
    •Precision-rifled, chrome-lined, cold hammer-forged Mil-Spec 41V45 chrome-moly-vanadium steel barrel ensures accuracy and longevity.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My new SR-762 has arrived. I picked it up this morning. I haven't had the chance to shoot it yet but I'll try to change that this weekend.

Without further delay, here are some photos:

The rifle more or less as shipped. I swapped out the Ruger flash hider for an AAC 51T so I can mount my 762-SDN-6. I also ditched the Hogue pistol grip and replaced it with a plain old A2 grip.

The Ruger with my suppressor in place.

A view of the bolt carrier through the ejection port.

The bolt carrier group and charging handle. This is another change. I replaced the standard GI-type with a BCM Gunfighter. I'm pleased to see the BCM fits since VLTOR has a pretty long list of rifles the 762 won't fit.

Various bolt parts. Note that the extractor has both a donut o-ring and another small internal spring. Care should be taken since the inner spring falls out.

Gas piston parts. These sure look like the parts I'm used to with my SR-556's but the adjustment/dis-assembly hole is bigger in the gas regulator. Note that the regulator is marked as 7.62.

The buffer tube on the SR-762 is about an inch longer than a standard 5.56 carbine buffer tube.

The SR-762 appears to use a standard weight 5.56 carbine buffer.

I was trying to beat the fading daylight this evening and didn't get all the photos I wanted. I'll try to get some SR-556 and SR-762 comparison photos tomorrow.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Post a bottom view pic of the bolt carrier tail please.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Please tell us how it performs once you get it to the range.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There is just a hint of a flare on the tail end of the carrier. The tail is also nicely radiused.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Nice looking rifle.
    Originally Posted by Iraqgunz
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Just when I swore of Rugers. It will be interesting to see how this thing works out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here is the SR-762 recoil spring and buffer compared to a VLTOR A5 buffer and spring. The new Ruger has a standard carbine buffer that weighs 3.0 ounces.

The A5 buffer tube compared to the Ruger buffer tube.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The piston parts. The SR-762 compared to an SR-556. These two parts appear to be identical. The 308 piston is the cleaner one.

The 7.62 and 5.56 gas regulators. These also appear identical and the 7.62 will fit in the 5.56 gas block and vice versa. I haven't measured the gas ports themselves.

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast