Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ruger SR-762…*looks interesting…

Feedback Score
    28 (97%)

New Ruger SR-762…*looks interesting…

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr762/index.html

Pretty expensive, but I haven't priced out a 308 AR before.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Interesting. I'm glad to see that it seems they used a SR25 pattern lower so that a Mega, LaRue, or (gasp) KAC 308 upper could be used on the Ruger lower and vice versa.

Time will tell how this runs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ruger always puts a high "MSRP" on their firearms. I think they believe the consumer will think he's found a deal when he sees a Ruger product on the shelf for a good amount below the listed price.

The SR-556 has a sticker price of $1995 but they usually sell in the $1500 range. I hope the same holds true with the SR-762. If dealers can sell these in the $1600 range they should have a good seller on their hands.

I have one on order already. As soon as it arrives I'll take photos and post a range report when possible. Anyone who's interested in specific parts and wants photos of the bolt, carrier, etc let me know and I'll accommodate as best as I can.

Here's the first Internet review I've found:

http://www.realguns.com/articles/548.htm
    Last edited by Tokarev; 10-17-13 at 20:18.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Last edited by Tokarev; 10-17-13 at 21:54.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Ruger always puts a high "MSRP" on their firearms. I think they believe the consumer will think he's found a deal when he sees a Ruger product on the shelf for a good amount below the listed price.

The SR-556 has a sticker price of $1995 but they usually sell in the $1500 range. I hope the same holds true with the SR-762. If dealers can sell these in the $1600 range they should have a good seller on their hands.
    Turner's in CA has them for $1900 pre-order so they're bound to go down from that.

Feedback Score

New Ruger SR-762…*looks interesting…

Hammer-forged, chrome lined barrel. Nice. Anyone have an idea what type of steel the barrel is made from? Also, does Rugers' piston system ever cause carrier-tilt in their SR 556 model?

Edit:

• Precision-rifled, chrome-lined, cold hammer-forged Mil-Spec 41V45 chrome-moly-vanadium steel barrel ensures accuracy and longevity.
    Last edited by Mozart; 10-18-13 at 01:57.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    .......Also, does Rugers' piston system ever cause carrier-tilt in their SR 556 model?.......
    There is no love lost between me and Ruger but one thing you can't fault is their engineering. Carrier tilt is a well know, easily corrected problem. Only an idiot would produce a gun in 2013 that suffers from carrier tilt.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    ...does Rugers' piston system ever cause carrier-tilt in their SR 556 model?
    Some of the first Ruger piston guns from 2008-2009 suffered from carrier tilt but Ruger made changes to the bolt carrier to deal with this. The newer carriers have a radius machined on the bottom corner of the carrier.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here's our first test into the "street value" of the new gun. Also, there are some nice pictures with the auction.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=371522044

Dano5326 Guest
    I'm not sure I would qualify the 1st release, gunbroker prices, indicative of street value.. after seeing SCAR's go for 2-4x retail.

However, things i like:
    - 8.6lbs or about 2lbs lighter than a 417 of same barrel length.
    - a standard none ambi lower (the only ambi I like, conceptually, so far is the minimalistic Teal Blue offering.. allowing for bolt lock back with trigger finger)
    - gas system coming out the front vs HK or other piston systems
    - adjust gas. many think a no-go for institutional use, I disagree, but a reasonably smart person/org can find benefit from it.
    - chrome lining galore, cleaning is over rated..
    - add a rail slimmer forened

I am curious if they used a KAC/LMT form factor in the lower.

Interest is conceptual until some institutional thrashing (large rd counts across a larger samples) occurs and validates the execution.

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast