Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MATEN suggestions

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I own or have owned, or have access to currently a larger number of 308 Ar's. We have compared all of them in the shop and taken them apart. LaRue for example uses a Armalite BGC, KAC / LMT (First gen) use the same bolt and carrier. Most people just keep repeating the same crap with out ever having seen all the parts or guns. For example LMT, KAC and LaRue all use the Armalite style buffer extension that is 3/4 of an inch longer than a regular Milspec so you can run a regular buffer.

2 LMT MWS's
    1 KAC ECR / M110
    1 Noveske N6
    1 Armalite AR-10
    1 DPMS 308LR
    1 LaRue PredObr
    3 MaTens
    2 Genesis CNC 80% AR-10a's

Quote Originally Posted by tffrost View Post
    kalieracer - damn....well, thanks for the thought and the intel on the variances. It's difficult to get solid, fact-based, info without all the personal beef on these boards sometimes. If you happen across any others drop a brother a line.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kalieracer View Post
    I own or have owned, or have access to currently a larger number of 308 Ar's. We have compared all of them in the shop and taken them apart. LaRue for example uses a Armalite BGC, KAC / LMT (First gen) use the same bolt and carrier. Most people just keep repeating the same crap with out ever having seen all the parts or guns.
    Thanks for the info: the interchangability on the Mega makes more sense knowing that. I'm just in the planning phase of building a 308 and I keep getting thrown off my feet in terms of compatability, even after I thought I had a solid grasp. I'm going to have to no-kidding chart it out, or something.

Feedback Score
    Tact45 - Why choose the LMOS BCG over standard? I'm looking for a variable power scope. Was thinking on the lower end of magnification. I was thinkng a Nightforce on this. I like the design and concept of the Noveske NSR but not sure. The Centurion rails look alright also. Was considering a Knight's URX as an option.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Less weight = quicker cycle time to go with my trigger.
    If you go MEGA, then buy the MKM, that will solve two questions in one, which receiver and which rail.
    CHECK YOUR SIX!!!

Certified GLOCK ARMORER

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The LMOS is a good carrier and bolt combo, it cycles fast and has less felt recoil. Geissele has a new 7.62 rail coming out too. The MKM is a great option and at 500 or so is steal. A Maten upper is 325 and URX 3 is around 525 alone.

Quote Originally Posted by tffrost View Post
    Tact45 - Why choose the LMOS BCG over standard? I'm looking for a variable power scope. Was thinking on the lower end of magnification. I was thinkng a Nightforce on this. I like the design and concept of the Noveske NSR but not sure. The Centurion rails look alright also. Was considering a Knight's URX as an option.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well the compatibility is the same for all 308 upper and lower sets for about 80% of the parts. A MATEN is just a billet version of an SR-25 upper and lower set with super tight tolerances.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dot View Post
    Thanks for the info: the interchangability on the Mega makes more sense knowing that. I'm just in the planning phase of building a 308 and I keep getting thrown off my feet in terms of compatability, even after I thought I had a solid grasp. I'm going to have to no-kidding chart it out, or something.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123