Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HK Customer Service

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

HK Customer Service

Read the description below the video for the saga that is....the broken USP. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ1sQmGg23M
    Industry T&E

Feedback Score
    I found this comment to be quite hilarious.

Feedback Score
    IMHO the guy got off easy...$160 for a basically new gun including shipping when he knowingly violated their warranty with an unapproved suppressor. Looks like a plug for HK customer service to me.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brushy bill View Post
    IMHO the guy got off easy...$160 for a basically new gun including shipping when he knowingly violated their warranty with an unapproved suppressor. Looks like a plug for HK customer service to me.
    +1.

Dude got lucky, IMO.

Is it bad for pistols to fire high round counts suppressed?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SPORTS are for Kids!...click*

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Seems like you got off easy and HK treated you fairly considering you ignored their warnings. Looks like there is a reason they only recommend those brands of suppressors.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    I see the point of a couple posters but it also seems like a bit of a Cop out by HK to claim they only warranty if used with a couple suppressors.

Kind of like a car company only honoring the warranty if you use Firestone tires.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    I see the point of a couple posters but it also seems like a bit of a Cop out by HK to claim they only warranty if used with a couple suppressors.

Kind of like a car company only honoring the warranty if you use Firestone tires.

This is my point.

Yes I ponied up the $160 and wasn't real pissed as I thought that was cheap for a new frame and recoil assembly, however, they really should look into updating the warranty on a pistol engineered and sold to run a suppressor.

With the suppressor market growing some 73% in the past year they need to re-evaluate the current offerings and test them with the suppressor ready guns that they sell.

The armorer agreed with me and said to just swap the recoil springs with new ones every 2-3K of suppressed fire. Or to buy a extra power spring kit from wolff and play around with what heavier weight will still cycle.

AFAIK other gun manufactures like Glock, sig, S&W, ruger etc will warranty regardless of suppressor use. And those guns aren't even close to the price of this "tactical" that was designed from the ground up to use a can. I know S&W does and they do it with a smile, I had 3 broken P22's and all were replaced with new guns and shipping paid for by S&W. Guess which gun manufacturer I recommend first.

Some companies don't see the power in customer service.
    Industry T&E

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by badness View Post
    I found this comment to be quite hilarious.

Yeah I was laughing when I saw his comment. Guns break, they are mechanical and some people just don't get that. The difference of course is which company stands behind their product 100% regardless of what the customer did.
    Industry T&E

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauser KAR98K View Post
    +1.

Dude got lucky, IMO.

Is it bad for pistols to fire high round counts suppressed?
    Probably.

Other than the Mark 23/KAC suppressor program, I doubt there's been any long-term suppressor testing on pistols by any manufacturer.

I think people who want to shoot many thousands of rounds through any other pistol/can combo have to realize they are in uncharted territory, both in regard to wear/damage and the manufacturer's response.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    While I certainly understand the frustration of them only approving of two types of suppressors, I think the customer service was fairly good. It is their product after all, and they do have the right to decide which suppressors they warranty and which they don't. In reality, I'm not sure how much difference there is each type of suppressor, but $160 for basically an entirely new gun sounds pretty good to me.

It's my understanding that HK recoil assemblies are rated for 20,000 rounds (at least my HK45 is) so I find it strange that the armorer told you to change out every 2-3K if always running suppressed. I know there is a pressure increase when running a can, but is it really that much?
    "You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." - Written by an unknown soldier in Vietnam.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast