Thread: 80+% won't make you fire at them.

Feedback Score

80+% won't make you fire at them.

about half of the remainder will flee if you miss them with a round or three, too. About half of the ones who do make you hit them with a bullet, will stop at any sort of hit. This is for civilians and IF you leave them an escape route, and IF you get your gun noticed by the attacker, in time and at distance enough to make it more feasible to flee than to attack you.

Sources, DEPT of Justice Annual Crime Survey and Fbi's UCR,, Jim Cirillo of the NYC Stakeout unit (and later trainer to the Feds) the NRA magazine, , Guns and Ammo mag(armed citizen columns, for the past 45 years) and dozens of friends and acquaintances over the years. For non-cops, it's pretty rare to have to "shoot them into the ground" with lots of chest hits, head hits, and powerful loads, again, IF you don't "corner" them, (as cops try to do) and if you get your gun pointed at them and noticed, with enough time and space to make it feasible to surrender or flee.

I happen to personally know/knew (many are gone now) Cirillo, Farum, Wilson, Cooper, Hackathorn, Tuey, Harries, Nelson, Sharp, Taylor, Dalton, Siefried,Claflin, Westerhaut, Miller, Gore, Plaxco, other top hands/instructors/gun-authors that I can't think of at the moment. :-) I've been robbed at gunpoint, I have pointed guns at men 5x in my life. All of them froze in their tracks. How about you?
    Last edited by dabbie; 10-26-13 at 15:29.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    28 posts in the space of a single day (and counting)? Trying to get into EE or something?

Dude ... slow down a bit, please. The white noise is getting a little ridiculous.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Only thing critical I have pointed my firearm at is my junk, pointed there daily.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yfz View Post
    Only thing critical I have pointed my firearm at is my junk, pointed there daily.
    Yea, you might want to stop doing that...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dabbie View Post
    How about you?
    I stick to my Uncle Joe's advice...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIuk3G9Xixc