Hey guys,

I've been in the process of selling my centerfire rifles and going over to rimfires. The main rimfire I plan on using is a PWS T-3 (a toggle-bolt rimfire based on the Ruger 10/22) in a Bell & Carlson Odyssey 3-way stock. I attempted to put my barreled action into the stock today and ran into an issue:

The hole cut for the takedown screw is off-center. Since the stock has a Anschutz-style rail and the hole goes through it, I'm not quite sure how to fix it.

My first inclination (and preference) would be to send the stock off to Bell & Carlson, but this is actually my second stock from them, as the first would not even fit the receiver. The receiver is identical in dimensions to a Ruger 10/22 (and actually has tighter tolerances), so this is not due in part to the rifle.

My second choice would be to send the rifle to a gunsmith who has worked on 10/22-style actions and can modify the stock to simply fit, but I don't know of any really good ones (and with what I have invested in this, I don't want to chance it to just anyone).

Does anyone here have some experience as to what can be done? Or can anyone recommend an a-class gunsmith who can fix this? I've included other photos of the rifle (sorry for the crappy iPhone quality). The receiver inletting is about perfect, which means that any further inletting to allow the receiver to move will result in a noticeable gap around the receiver.

Thank you in advance!