Thread: MWS, SR25 Lower Differences

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)

MWS, SR25 Lower Differences

I know that the uppers on the MWS and SR25 rifles are completely different, but is there any significant differences with the lowers?

KAC is banned by name here in CA, but I can still get an upper. I was thinking of buying an MWS and switching the upper for a Knight's. The main issue for me is the weight .

I'm assuming that the MWS lower and KAC lowers both are the same weight, but do they both have any differences in features? Besides the roll mark, anything such as finish?

Also, for those who tried: how does an SR25 upper match up to an MWS lower in terms of fit?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    For clarficaiton: The SR25 and SR15 is banned in CA but the rest are legal to own in CA. And Yes, the RAS handguard is legal to own because it is not a firearm.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Only difference is that the newer SR-25 lowers have an ambi bolt release and the MWS does not. Here is my setup that is hosting an M110 upper. Good luck with the upper they are near impossible to find alone.

A note on upper fit, anything before an M110, ECC , ER ,EMC upper may not fit as they were made as matched sets with the lower.

Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    I know that the uppers on the MWS and SR25 rifles are completely different, but is there any significant differences with the lowers?

KAC is banned by name here in CA, but I can still get an upper. I was thinking of buying an MWS and switching the upper for a Knight's. The main issue for me is the weight .

I'm assuming that the MWS lower and KAC lowers both are the same weight, but do they both have any differences in features? Besides the roll mark, anything such as finish?

Also, for those who tried: how does an SR25 upper match up to an MWS lower in terms of fit?
    Last edited by kalieracer; 10-27-13 at 09:06.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The LMT MWS lowers sure looks a lot like the Knights pre-ambi lower.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Its a semi ambi, being it only has the second mag release.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd762 View Post
    The LMT MWS lowers sure looks a lot like the Knights pre-ambi lower.