Thread: round for HD

Feedback Score

round for HD

Is the hornaday 55 gr a-max round a decent HD bullet if you live alone in a rural setting, without any neighbors? The only other local bullet is the FMJ/BT, which, I imagine, wouldn't be. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I think it is v-max and not a-max.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    It is not a bad round, but their 75 grain in their TAP line is better. After that their 75 grain in the TAP-FPD line would be my next choice.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckk1106 View Post
    Is the hornaday 55 gr a-max round a decent HD bullet if you live alone in a rural setting, without any neighbors? The only other local bullet is the FMJ/BT, which, I imagine, wouldn't be. Thanks.
    If you are having a hard time finding what you want locally, look on line.

I have had two great experiences with Ammo-to-go, fast shipping, good selection, good prices. Grant @ G&R usually has some ammo deals. There is also Midway, Ammo-man, etc. I wouldn't settle on something just because you can't find what you want locally.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. I will try that ammo to go place first. I guess it's better to have the proper ammo.