Thread: BUIS for new .308 ar

Feedback Score
    4 (86%)

BUIS for new .308 ar

I just bought a new CMMG mk3 CBR. I've already got a scope for it, but I want BUIS, and I have not been able to find a solid response for what will work. It seems a lot say you should run a gas block height front sight and normal rear sight, but I see a lot of pictures of guys running normal troy or mbus sights on ar10 variants. I'm just looking for definitive answer, as I don't want to be running around trying to find what works. Thank you!

Feedback Score
    Assuming this is the CMMG with the front rail, that is same plane, you would run a normal matched set. The only time you'd ever use "gas block" height is if you have a railed gasr block that is not same plane. IE gas block rail is lower than rear rail. If you are using a rail on your ar, like the keymod one for that rifle on cmmg's site, its same plane, this normal set.

Many sites you order from make it easier and say handguard height, or gas block height. No over thinking necessary.
    From TOS ... "buy the shit out of that thing, all the mil spec is just nonsense."

Feedback Score
    4 (86%)
    Thanks, thats what I thought, but kept seeing mixed feelings on the subject. its definitely a rail height, so I guess I will go ahead and order some troys for it!