Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What would you replace a DPMS upper with?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    For the best bang for the buck sell it and get a BCM or Colt upper and move on. Whatever you get cheapest.

If you are doubting it now it's not going to get any better and you'll just lose value putting more rounds through the DPMS. It's not worth breaking the 8620 bolt and replacing it, even.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Airhasz View Post
    Op, GandRTactical just posted new Colt M4 uppers on here a couple of hours ago. Magpul and Socom models. Both are highly recommended and in your price range.

Yeah I just pick one of those up, that is one nice deal. Almost $200 less then building a identical BCM Now if it would just get here.

I am excited about since this is my first Colt product, but the sad part is I am giving this to my Dad.
    Last edited by 223to45; 11-01-13 at 14:44.
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Sure. Have a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddybluesman View Post
    I know about DPMS, I have read enough. That's why I asked what is he doing with the rifle. If it's to just go to the range or a little hunting as long as it is reliable then there is no reason to change it. If it's for home defense or some heavy use than by all means sell the POS and buy a top of the line AR, he should have done that from the jump. He should ask him for his money back, the seller should give the money back since he was lied to.

But I will stick with what I said, if for light duty and the gun works well why change anything. Is something going to break? Again how is the BCG? If everything looked good and he did not know when he bought it will he know after shooting a few thousand rounds? He thought it was a Spikes and I have read some poor reviews of their products too.

Honestly he could have gotten a great rifle from PSA in kit form and added a lower. That's what I am doing for my second build, great barrels and all mil-spec. My next after that is with a pinned true SOCOM Colt upper and yet undetermined lower, with a NEA stock. I try to stay with a few manufactures/companies I can trust like PSA, Colt, BCM, Magpul, DD and so on. I would not buy DPMS, yet many people have their .308 ARs and love them.

I have experience in many fields and NEVER buy into name recognition, I know better. And if it ain't broke don't fix it.

If he is in a daily life and death situation with the rifle buy a LMT/Noveske/even Daniel Defense or other high grade AR. If it's a range gun it doesn't really matter what name is on there it matters how it shoots. Many people spend a lot of money on guns and can't shoot, they would be better off with a less expensive rifle and more ammo/range time. I am included in that category and I plan to change that real soon.

If it shoots good why change anything, just ask the guy/seller for some of his money back. Who cares what it says on the upper receiver. I'd be more concerned about the quality of the internal parts like the BCG and barrel itself. The upper is just the bag you carry the stuff in. If it works well very little chance with medium to light duty the bag will break, it is forged hard anodized aircraft grade aluminum and not made in China.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    First does the DPMS upper work? If it does then shoot it up. BCM makes awesome quality uppers. $69 to 89 for a high quality bolt. Palmetto premium line parts are really good for the money if you can put up with their shipping times.
    Last edited by SteveS; 11-01-13 at 20:55.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Some interesting advice in this thread.
    Originally Posted by Iraqgunz
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    18 (91%)
    Lol @ the guy that spent 10 minutes typing. PSA is on par with colt and bcm. Then above colt and bcm you have noveske and lmt. Lol I've owned all but the PSA so I'm a idiot I reckon.

On a serious note. Id get a BCM, noveske, colt, lmt or dd upper. All awesomeness
    rcsperformanceonline.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123