Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So you have a full size or compact pistol ... (CCW)

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

So you have a full size or compact pistol ... (CCW)

What do you use to keep it near and dear to your person?

Holster, OWB, IWB, Hybrid rig, What are you a toting your gun to town wrapped in.
    Kydex, Leather or something else?

I use DeSantis Mini Scabbard for the Shield 9mm, DeSantis Nemisis pocket holster for the Kahr P380.
    I have a DeSantis #1 Speed Scabbard for my M&P 9mm Pro 4.25.

Shirttails worn out, getting cooler so a jacket/coat will be worn more now.
    Do you also pack an extra magazine for your CCW?
    Do you carry a flashlight and/or a knife of some sort?

Last edited by RWH24; 11-01-13 at 00:53. Reason: Deleted 1 picture
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    Up here in Central New Yorkistan, it all depends on which season it is. When it's snowplow season, I usually carry one of my fullsize Glock's or my 1911 in a leather OWB holster.

Being that I'm 6 ft. and a very slim 250 lbs. I can also carry and still conceal pretty well even with a tee shirt my fullsize Glock's or 1911 in a leather OWB holster when it aint snowplow season.

But most of the time I switch to my G26 IWB or S&W M60 3" OWB when it's warmer.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    On the job, normally carry a S&W M&P 9 in a Milt Sparks OWB or IWB backed up by a 640 in a High Noon Mr Softie carried AIWB.

Off the clock, a Glock 26 in a Crossbreed Supertuck and sometimes backed up by the aforementioned 640.

I normally wear my shirt untucked to cover the guns during warmer weather and a jackets during the winter. The Crossbreed is the first tuckable I've had and have good experiences tucking the shirt around it to cover the 26 thus far.

Wil use the 26 as BUG as soon as I find an AIWB I can stand to wear for that gun. Also use a Galco Ankle Glove once in a while for the 26, but it tends to cause back problems after a day or two.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Glock G19 in either a High noon "Alter Ego(horsehide version)" or Galco "King Tuc". My G26 also fits in these. Spare G19 or G17 mag in left front pocket or in a Blade Tech single kydex mag pouch on support side. Fenix PD20 in front left pocket. Setup hides perfectly under T-shirts, or underarmor type Polo shirts down here in hot sunny Florida.
    Also use G26 in Galco ankle holster when tucking in shirts, with same front pocket spare mag. 6'1.5", now 218lbs and falling.
    Last edited by vigilant2; 11-02-13 at 04:19.
    "Do not mistake my silence for compliance or concession,
    I most probably have simply stopped casting pearls".
    Hayden 2002.

http://fastacademy.net/wp/

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Smith & Wesson SD9
    OWB in a Raven Concealment holster
    When I carry IWB it's in a Galco Triton
    Spare mag in a Leatherman pouch
    Knife in my front pocket
    Flashlights in all my vehicles that gets thrown in a pocket when the sun goes down.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Glock 19.
    Kholster at 4-5.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Glock 19 or 26 both in a milt sparks vm2, and a tt gun leather single or double mag pouch with a beltman belt.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    G19 in Raven IWB at 4:00, spare G17 mag in PSS holster's underrated and excellent canted mag pouch at 8:00, Surefire G2 in my back left pocket held vertical (bezel up) next to my wallet. Sometimes a G26 in Raven IWB if the situation demands more discretion. Usually a casual untucked button-up, polo, or loose T-shirt all year, but occasionally a sweatshirt or jacket when it gets cold (in AZ defined as under 70).

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Glock G29sf all year long in a Galco king tuck or on rare occasion, G19 in a king tuck also.

Feedback Score
    G19 in G-code Incog (IWB) with front clip removed, carried at 3oclock. Spare mag at 9 o'clock in a horizontal magholder.

On occasion I carry a G26 (5-10% of the time) in the same holster, or either gun in a Raven Vanguard2 IWB at 3 o'clock.

I carry the G19 spare mag in either case.

The Vanguard2 is a bit more comfortable, but the Incog keeps the gun in a more consistent cant.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast