Thread: LMT MWS Question

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

LMT MWS Question

I am confused.

I am wanting to change out my rifle stock for the Magpul PRS. Since the buffer tube is a wierd length, I need to install:

Rifle Lenght buffer tube
    308 buffer
    I am thinking this (http://heavybuffers.com/ar10rifle.html)

308 spring

Is that correct? Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    First, I'd call LMT, I'm pretty sure they made some with rifle length RE's. That would be the best solution to your spring and buffer question.
    If that doesn't pan out, I'd have a shop make a spacer to make up the length difference between the 2 RE's. That way you don't have to experiment too much with buffers and springs. Simply use the factory buffer and spring. Getting it right the first time swapping buffers and springs is tough. A lot of small shops could make you a spacer for not much money fairly quick.
    If it was me, and I hated the supplied stock, I'd try an ACS or STR. If you have to permanently pin it in your area, so be it. This is an easier solution than the others, unless you're dead set on the PRS.

Feedback Score
    Almost forgot! You can't use the 5.56 PRS on a 7.62 LMT. If you rise up the cheek piece, you can't pull the charging handle back enough to use it. There's a specific model for that.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)