3 8.11%
  • Full coverage soft armor level 3

3 8.11%
  • Front coverage soft armor level 3

1 2.70%
  • No armor

11 29.73%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SHTF have to bug out. Take armor or none?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

SHTF have to bug out. Take armor or none?

Wondering what your preferences are for bringing armor if your have to bug out?
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    So many what if's on this one and no one single line of thought will remain intact across all contingencies. The situation, your means and previous training will always dictate how you react to a SHTF event. I would always like to have them as an option but the situation isn't always permissible.

My general rule of thumb for my circumstances i.e., wife & kids and distance to travel if I can't shelter in place is when mounted in vehicle or on ATV is to have plates on. If on foot lo-pro soft armor only *if the situation allows.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    If on foot, no. If I have some alternate ability to carry loads like a vehicle, yes.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I have several sets of armor. For most situations I would use a set of concealable armor with some 5mm Titanium plates. A normal shirt will cove it up and it will give you Level IV protection. I have worn it all day for many days at a time and if need be I would still wear it while on foot.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alienb1212 View Post
    If on foot, no. If I have some alternate ability to carry loads like a vehicle, yes.
    My thoughts as well.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Everyone's bugout will be different. If you have it, use it. There will be no time to say, "time out, I've got to put protection on my family". The main thing is to have a plan, and stick to it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I have several sets of armor. For most situations I would use a set of concealable armor with some 5mm Titanium plates. A normal shirt will cove it up and it will give you Level IV protection. I have worn it all day for many days at a time and if need be I would still wear it while on foot.
    How's the damage to the internals since its so thin?
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiescometh View Post
    Better than taking a round there instead, I'm sure.

I'd imagine the kevlar backing also puts a great deal of padding and shock absorbing capability there too.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiescometh View Post
    None. It gives you the same protection as ceramic plates but it is thinner. It is better for low vis work. I wear them over seas all the time if I am someplace other than Afghanistan.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    None. It gives you the same protection as ceramic plates but it is thinner. It is better for low vis work. I wear them over seas all the time if I am someplace other than Afghanistan.
    Thanks for the info haven't really seen too much about Ti plates.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast