Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Steel plates for Targets?

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)

Best Steel plates for Targets?

Not sure where to put this although it does involve training/shooting.

I'm looking for some steel plates for targets from 100-1000 yards. What do you guys use and where is the best place to order them? I figure AR500 is what most use. I am mostly looking for silouhette, square/circle, and 1 Gong. I have stands already designed/built but my mild steel plate supply is running dry and I'm tired of punching holes through them.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    law enforcement targets

letargets.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yeh, LE Targets. Excellent company. We shoot AR500 only with rifles. 3/8 would probably be good enough is we're talking 100 yards or more. We shoot ours from quite a bit closer so we use the 1/2 inch stuff.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Wideners

http://www.wideners.com/itemview.cfm?dir=1020

Buy any 6 steel targets in one order & shipping is free according to the last email they sent me.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Might give these guys a look. www.mgmtargets.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JW5219 View Post
    Might give these guys a look. www.mgmtargets.com

A TigerSwan Instructor told me last week that mgm is GTG.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    TacStrike.com

Feedback Score
    At Redback One we have been working with a company located in Monassas, VA called Red Stitch Tactical. Darrin who is the owner is a former Marine who knows targets.

He has boosted his capability with a CNC machine to cut all kinds of shaped targets. He makes swingers, static and falling plates as well as mini's and even truck hitches!

What I like about RST is the way Darrin has constructed the target bases. Remember that all AR500 rifle grade steel is just that, so the only consideration is how it is hung and the type of base that it is attached to.

RST use bolts for most of the static series but they are placed low on plates so they get hit less frequently. The base is made very well and is super solid yet easy to move around. I have seen way too many steel targets fall over due to flimsy base.

If you go check them out, let them know RB1 sent you there and Darrin will give you a 10% discount on your order.

The coupon code if you go direct to the webpage is RB1

www.redstitchtactical.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Been buying alot from MGM through Brownells and JC Steel targets. JC carries some 1/2" targets and their T post hangers are pretty nice.

Feedback Score
    ime, i have the fewest problems with action targets. they have the most durable designs. they are not easy to deal with though, and relatively expensive. their hostage targets are the best.

JC steel targets is an excellent source for cheap hanging plates. and the money goes to a good cause.

I am a huge fan of big dog steel's headhunter targets. these are excellent reactive targets.

mgm makes good targets for 3gun. the kind of thing you'd want if you were and RO scoring AR15s shooting at 300 yard plates

if you are getting small plates, i strongly suggest water jet, not plasma cut.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast