Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Problems with tango down pistol grip install

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nelybarg
    makes sense to me. did stag send you a brand new lower with the same SN on it,or how did that work? since mines an S&W, i wonder how they'd handle it. i'm not that concerned with it. the grips on there and it feels rock solid. AND i dont think i'll change it out ever again. i'd hate to have to go thru the hassle of sending the lower (or complete gun) to S&W to fix. if it becomes a problem down the road, i may contact S&W, but until then, i dont see a need.

thanks for the info. is stag making new runs of lowers with the hole in spec?

Stag ended up making 3 new lowers (the 3rd was finally in spec). The new lower has the same serial number (so I don't have to go through the FFL process again).

Post June 2006 receivers will be "in spec" as there was something on one of the machines that was off.

I have 2 Stag receivers that I purchased in the fall of 2005, both guns are perfect. The bad batches came out in a 7 - 8 month period.

From my understanding one of the CNC machines was out of spec and had to have the specs recalibrated, and this is what was causing the problem.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Anyone know if CMT/Stag makes the DSA receivers? I have a stripped one I bought a couple of months ago and I haven't gotten around to doing anything with it. I'd hate to go to use it in a couple of years and find it's out of spec.

anyone know of a way to check it with calipers or something? I guess at the very least I could mount up a grip and see if it fits.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s
    Anyone know if CMT/Stag makes the DSA receivers? I have a stripped one I bought a couple of months ago and I haven't gotten around to doing anything with it. I'd hate to go to use it in a couple of years and find it's out of spec.

anyone know of a way to check it with calipers or something? I guess at the very least I could mount up a grip and see if it fits.
    I'm sure if they still do but at one time LMT made the lowers for DSA.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s

They are made by LMT. I have a friend who has a DSA lower from 2004 that had the same problem with the Tango Down grips. The current crop of LMT lowers are good to go from what I have seen.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC03
    Not ment as a flame, but as a Gunnery Sgt. once told me when I was a young Private....."If all else fails, read the f*cking directions"

As noted in my post, the OUT OF SPEC. lowers were produced from late 2005 until June of 2006

I had a RRA that was made in early 2005 (a RRA UTE2) and the Tango Down Battle Grip fit perfectly on it.

You can't tell if the lower is out of spec by using an A2, Hogue, or ERGO Suregrip (rubber version), as the tolerances on these grips are not as tight as the tolerances on the Magpul MIAD and Tango Down Battlegrip.
    Got ya! I will try a Magpul and see - I was just thinking perhaps they had issues in older ones as well?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123