Thread: Pat McNamara 2-Day Dynamic Vehicle Tactics - May 15-16, 2014 - Maryville, Illinois

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Pat McNamara 2-Day Dynamic Vehicle Tactics - May 15-16, 2014 - Maryville, Illinois

Just trying to spread the word as early as possible. We're hosting Mac again in 2014 for a pistol only vehicle tactics class. When I talked to Pat about this at last years class, we came up with the idea of having a class you could run from concealment if you wanted to. If you have any questions please let me know.

http://aliastraining.com/patmcnamara...eillinois.aspx

Pat McNamara 2-Day Dynamic Vehicle Tactics - May 15-16, 2014 - Maryville, Illinois

Course Overview:

Law Enforcement, Military and responsible Civilian Gun handlers require adaptive thinkers able to handle the challenges of full spectrum operations in an era of persistent conflict. To meet this requirement, TMACS INC delivers a comprehensive, systematic, progressive Train-the-Trainer shooting program focused on fundamental mastery. The approach to instruction is through coaching and mentorship and both demonstrates and transfers a training method that is safe, effective, combat relevant, and encourages a continuous thought process that demands accountability.

Training is conducted on the range and focuses on advanced refinement of the basic fundamentals of marksmanship as applied to the primary and secondary weapons systems and how to apply these fundamentals in and around vehicles. Utilizing a building block learning model, TAPS combines the pressures and dynamics of competitive shooting and tactical application. While course of instruction is on the firing range, the TAPS training approach also translates into training venues outside the range.

The 2-day course offering includes the following:
    •Lecture on proper weapons handling and safety
    •Tactics, techniques and procedures (TTP) development
    •Vehicle terminology
    •Use of vehicles as cover
    •Shooting into, through and out of vehicles
    •Communications considerations
    •Basic fire and maneuver techniques
    •Mind set and focal cognition drills
    •Other topics covered and practiced are; target discrimination, movement into position, immediate action drills, ballistics 101, transitions, magazine changes, multiple target engagements and shooting on the move.
    •Escalation of training and intensity will vary depending on number of students and their skill level though the core of the course will always remain the same. We will tailor the training to the individual as well as the group.

Instructor: Patrick McNamara (AKA - "Mac")

Class Dates: May 15-16, 2014

Town and Country Gun Club
    2101 Gun Club Road
    Maryville, IL

Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:
    - Serviceable duty grade handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
    - Minimum of 3 pistol magazines
    - Serviceable holster
    - Minimum 2 pistol magazine pouches
    - Eye and ear protection
    - Suitable range wear depending on the season
    - Weapon cleaning & lubrication supplies
    - Weapon mounted white light
    - Handheld White Light
    - Plenty of spare batteries for white lights
    - Good attitude

Ammo Requirements:
    - 1000 rounds of handgun ammunition

****For those coming out of town for this class, don't stay at the Econolodge motel in Maryville unless you are into meth/heroin or have a fetish for bad hookers****

Matt

Feedback Score
    I urge you to attend this class. Mac has held annual courses at this range, hosted by Matt, the last two years. Mac is one of THE top trainers out there (not just my opinion) or THE top trainer (my opinion) and Matt does a tremendous job as an on site contact and host. It's killing me that I have to attend my son's wedding at the time of the class or my money would already be in. Don't kick yourself later for missing this course. Seldom do we have world class trainers in our area.
    My $.02.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Do to issues beyond Mac's or my control we have had to reschedule this class for Oct 30 & 31st. Paul from Alias is working on changing the listing on his website. I talked to Mac about tailoring this class to concentrate more on a concealed carry perspective when in and around vehicles. We will be shooting this class from concealment.

I am truly sorry for any inconvenience for those that have already signed up and made schedule arrangements.

Matt