Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rainier Arms mountain series

Feedback Score
    FN uses M249 steel and chromes twice as thick without advertising it? Really? Never new that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    I'm not an expert on muzzle crowns... That's good right? It protects it more from damage than a flat faced crown right?
    LOL! Neither am I, just found it interesting... but ya it's there to protect the crown. Then again, as is the chamfering which we more commonly find. I dont know what the exact advantages/disadvantages are between them. Centurion did at some point have something similar on one of their earlier HF barrels. Their Med Cons I think.

jaybirdritenour2:
    FN makes the M249.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Little over a year ago Rainier briefly had CHF barrels listed so I purchased one in 16" Middy with pinned gas block. I have bee very impressed with it....accurate and shoots well. They didn't have them long so I wonder if this Mountain series is an extension of that offering.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_Crocs View Post
    LOL! Neither am I, just found it interesting... but ya it's there to protect the crown. Then again, as is the chamfering which we more commonly find. I dont know what the exact advantages/disadvantages are between them. Centurion did at some point have something similar on one of their earlier HF barrels. Their Med Cons I think.

jaybirdritenour2:
    FN makes the M249.
    So if the barrels they make for m4/ar15 are m249 steel are the SCAR's the same M249 steel and same chrome lining or different? That is good of FN to make barrels that can sustain high volumes of fire.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybirdritenour2 View Post
    So if the barrels they make for m4/ar15 are m249 steel are the SCAR's the same M249 steel and same chrome lining or different? That is good of FN to make barrels that can sustain high volumes of fire.
    No, M4 barrels are button rifled with standard chrome lining. But afaik, FN does not make M4 barrels. Their M16 barrels I believe are button rifled and have standard chrome lining, as per the TDP.

I don't know for sure, but I read somewhere that they use 249 barrels for the SCAR, F2000, and P90.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    No, M4 barrels are button rifled with standard chrome lining. But afaik, FN does not make M4 barrels. Their M16 barrels I believe are button rifled and have standard chrome lining, as per the TDP.

I don't know for sure, but I read somewhere that they use 249 barrels for the SCAR, F2000, and P90.
    PSA is offering a CHF M4 rifle kit with what they claim is FN "machine gun steel barrel with double chrome lining."
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...rifle-kit.html

Feedback Score
    ^That's different. Those barrels were manufactured by FN for PSA. Koshinn is referring to FN military m16s.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybirdritenour2 View Post
    FN uses M249 steel and chromes twice as thick without advertising it? Really? Never new that.
    FN makes AR15 barrels to this spec for Noveske, Centurion Arms, and now Rainier Arms, possibly a few others as well. They obviously make their M249 barrels to this spec, but do not necessarily manufacture all of their barrels to this spec.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_Crocs View Post
    Correct, they did it on the Centurion Med Contour barrel.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Nice. Now they just need some SBR lengths!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast