Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Break my Wilson Combat CQB Elite

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What ever happened to pics..please post some pics of your report..

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Supar materials will yield subpar results........at least use 5w30 engine oil.

When the Wilson fails, will it be blamed on the pistol or the oil used?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As a long time 1911 shooter. I have never tried using motor oil...I just started a test with mobil 1 synthetic oil.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Hey guys.

Allrighty, as of today I have 400 rounds through the beast. 100 rounds blazer, 50 rounds RUUAG, 50 rounds Remington HTP 230gr HP, 200 rounds GA arms 230 ball and some loose Golden Sabers, etc.

The gun has, as you might imagine, run perfectly. The gun has none of the "Ker-Chunk" feel of a gun that is breaking in. It has run smoothly depositing the empties way over to the right in a nice 3 foot circle (basically, in an identical pattern to my HK45c, the gold-standard of 45 ejection in my book).

Reloads are very quick with the mag funnel, as you would expect. I only have two ETM mags at this time but I plan to pick up at least one spare. I will use only the two that came with the gun for range work. I will keep them loaded during the week while carrying it.

Today I set up 4 targets, two at 21, one at 30 and one at 25 yards. Basically, I did box drills, draw drills, etc.

I also practiced so left handed shooting, including reloaded, etc. I do that the way Hackathorn suggested, by laying the gun on the ground and leaving it either safety on or off, randomly. The idea is if you are shooting left handed, you have probably been shot and dropped the gun. If the safety is on, despite my gun having a single side tac safety pushing the safety off with my thumb is easy. I do reloads by tucking the gun under my arms, between my legs or in my belt depending on my mood.

At one point, I left handed limp-wristed the gun while rotating it and shooting the Rem Hollow points. Not much to the test, but it didn't cause any malfunctions.

The gun is fabulous, as it should be for the price. At this point it seems to be smoother than any 1911 I have had. That is no small thing. I have owned 3 Novak Custom Colts, UNTOLD factory Colts, Kimbers, Springfields and a Les Baer TRS. This gun is extremely nice.

Here are a few pictures...

As far as my cleaning routine, that is my own practice. I will take the gun apart here and there and wipe the inside clean and spray more lube in. I don't enjoy cleaning guns and I have found through 20 years of shooting that all you really need to do is keep them wet and occasionally scrub off the mating surfaces.

I will be calling her "Ruby" after my grandmother, who is in hospice care tonight and not long for this world. She served this country in WWII welding Liberty ships in the Baltimore shipyards. She will be missed.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Dam that's sweet looking gun

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Wilson's really has upped their game in recent years, which is saying something, given that they were already a very high-quality gun 10 or 20 years ago. It's good to see one getting a proper workout; especially as more and more collector-types (as opposed to actual shooters) have flocked to the marque.

Keep the updates coming!

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    Often Imitated-NEVER Duplicated
    Wilson Combat Online Representative
    m4carbine.net SITE SPONSOR
    www.wilsoncombat.com
    info@wilsoncombat.com
    (800) 955-4856

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    You have my attention.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post

.... I only have two ETM mags at this time but I plan to pick up at least one spare. I will use only the two that came with the gun for range work. I will keep them loaded during the week while carrying it.

This should be an interesting test of the magazines as well. I like the ETM's.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Chief how do you feel they upped their game?

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast