Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eotech xps 300 blackout model?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wacki View Post
    That's got an easy solution. top dot zero's in at CQB distances. Bottom dot zeros in at long distances with whatever your ammo does at distance. It may be 300, 400 or 500 yards. Whatever it is who cares. My biggest issue is if the two dots are too blury / distracting for CWB or whatever you are doing 90% of the time.
    You can't zero the dots independently. Or are you just saying you don't care where the bottom dot zeroes? That's certainly a solution, but defeats the purpose of the "super/sub" reticle. In which case, why even bother with the 300BLK reticle at all, just get any 2-dot reticle. Or the 3, or the 4, and have as many holdover points as you want.
    I'm not cool. I just do this stuff for fun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    You can't zero the dots independently. Or are you just saying you don't care where the bottom dot zeroes? That's certainly a solution, but defeats the purpose of the "super/sub" reticle. In which case, why even bother with the 300BLK reticle at all, just get any 2-dot reticle. Or the 3, or the 4, and have as many holdover points as you want.

The 300 blackout thing is marketing bs. We all know that. Obviously it would be nice to have intelligent thought and even numbers behind the two dots spacing but with so many ammo types that's impossible as the dots are fixed. I guess if you reload you could make it happen but for most people you use the second dot as a reference point.. The bottom dot may be an odd number like 335 yard zero but that's still useful info when shooting distance.
    Last edited by wacki; 02-03-14 at 14:22.

Feedback Score
    Or you can use the same barrel and hornady they use.... I've got a SBR so custom ammo for me.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Two dot reticle in the 300 Blk model is the same reticle with the same dot spacing as all the other EOtechs.

The 300 BLK model is an XPS2 which is not night vision compatible. You would think they would have had enough brains to make a sight that is night vision compatible, since the 300 blk cartridge is primarily a subsonic round that would mainly be used at night? Another failure in the gun industry.

Just get the SOCOM XPS3 and be done with it. It has NV setting without the stupid 300 BLK graphics on it.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    The 2nd dot is 10.5 MOA come up from the 1st. Top of circle to the bottom is 65 MOA. My 1st dot is zeroed at 200 yds. Bottom of circle hold is about 7 yds with my 300Blk using 110gr Vmax's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12