Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Mossberg 500 Tactical Cruiser

Feedback Score
    the 3 round limit is only a hunting rule. there is no law for limiting pump action shotguns in california. to quote a member of calguns forum.

"Heck its a pump action, you can put a live weasel *OR* a hollowed out dildo on the barrel and its still legal"
    "Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't
    be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our
    women and breed a hardier race!"

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    As I suspected. If I put a dildo on the end of my barrel I wonder if the CA AG would consider that a "silencer"? God, I can't wait to move!

Quote Originally Posted by DANGER CLOSE View Post
    the 3 round limit is only a hunting rule. there is no law for limiting pump action shotguns in california. to quote a member of calguns forum.

"Heck its a pump action, you can put a live weasel *OR* a hollowed out dildo on the barrel and its still legal"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Can anyone provide any proof to the 3 round statement? I just recently bought a Remington Shotgun that hold 7 rounds and was not blocked. My CA FFL is not an idiot and they would have not allowed that transaction to happen if it was illegal. It is my understanding that the dowel is placed inside for reasons related to hunting.
    Hey, I'm a bird hunter from a family of same. It's entirely possible the rules for HD or otherwise tactical shotguns are different. If thats the case then I just learned something, which is always cool. I surely did not mean to cause a ruckus.

-Peter
    "I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical". - Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I just posted that because I would hate to see someone get misled because they read that. If I recall correctly in the People's Republik of Kalifornia a shot gun cannot have a pistol grip, and hold more than 10 rds. I think the best place to look is the California Attorney General website.

Quote Originally Posted by live2offroad View Post
    Hey, I'm a bird hunter from a family of same. It's entirely possible the rules for HD or otherwise tactical shotguns are different. If thats the case then I just learned something, which is always cool. I surely did not mean to cause a ruckus.

-Peter

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I just posted that because I would hate to see someone get misled because they read that. If I recall correctly in the People's Republik of Kalifornia a shot gun cannot have a pistol grip, and hold more than 10 rds. I think the best place to look is the California Attorney General website.
    Are you saying it can't have either, or can't have both?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Double tap.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Federal law limits auto and pump-action shotgun capacity, in the pursuit of migratory birds, to 2+1. States have assimilated the federal law(s) in their statutory and regulatory provisions applicable to fish/game.

Other game may or may not be subject to the restriction. Some states extend the restriction to shotguns used to harvest upland game pursued during waterfowl seasons, or on certain lands.

Many (most) states also impose capacity restrictions for the pursuit of certain big game, but primarily pertaining to semi-auto, handguns, or rifles.

Contact your local DNR to determine what regulatory or statutory provisions might apply when, and where, your gun is afield.

I know of no state imposing such a restriction in a pump gun used for a purpose other than pursuit of game. If you're not doing so, say so, make it apparent, and cooperate with the inquisitive.

Mossberg used to ship the installed dowel as standard in their sporting/commercial guns, with a few exceptions. If you do need a dowel, replace it with a quality plastic unit. The OEM wooden unit sucks.

Hope this helps.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Mossberg used to ship the installed dowel as standard in their sporting/commercial guns, with a few exceptions. If you do need a dowel, replace it with a quality plastic unit. The OEM wooden unit sucks.

Hope this helps.
    Definitely won't be needing one. When I buy a 6-shot, that's what I want to get.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The wooden dowel is called a "plug" and it's exact use is to limit hunting shotguns to a three round capacity. My Mossberg 590 came with one installed when I bought it 12 years ago. It's there if you need it; if not, discard it.

Ages ago, before the purpose-built tactical shotgun, some people would use their shotguns for both defense and hunting. If one had a tube extension installed, one could drop in a plug and be legal for hunting.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    It is my understanding that it cannot have a pistol grip type stock and hold more than 10 rds. However, I am not a lawyer and I would check the CA AG website. I know there are probably more restrictions, but these are the 2 that I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron S. View Post
    Are you saying it can't have either, or can't have both?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast