Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 5.56 Hornady TAP 75gr. BTHP T2 Ammo

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    When the bullet leaves the barrel at muzzle velocity from the 1/9 twist barrel it should be stabalized at that point once it begins slowing down it will reach a point of speed where the spin emparted on it will no longer stabalize it and will begin yawing.
    That is EXACTLY the opposite of what the link says. If a bullet is stable at the muzzle, it's stable for the entire flight. Bullet velocity slows faster than the spin rate. So according to the link, destabilization is less likely the farther a bullet travels.

If a bullet keyholes at 100 or 200 yards, it was not stable when it left the muzzle.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Let me clear up what I posted,

I meant the RPM's never slow down but as the bullet does the combination of RPM and speed no longer stabalize it. But I think you are right about it not being stable in the first place. Does Randall post here cause he would definatly know, I'll send him an email to ask.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    But I think you are right about it not being stable in the first place.
    I'm not sure if I'm right. But that's what I understood the write up to say.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123