Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Springfield XDS for everyday shooting?

Feedback Score

Springfield XDS for everyday shooting?

Unlike some people, I can't afford to own multiple guns. I presently have a S&W 9C for the range and Concealed Carry. I'm looking at swapping it out for the XDS 9mm. My reasons are the trigger on the 9C. (yes, I could have the trigger worked on, but read my first sentence). 2nd reason is a slightly less weight and a little easier to carry concealed. All the reviews that I have read state that the XDS would be a good concealed carry weapon, which is main reason Springfield created it, but no one mentions about taking it to the range for an afternoon of shooting. Other than the trigger, I consider the S&W a good gun and I find it comfortable to shoot at the range. Has anyone shot both of these and can give me their opinion?

thanks.
    Last edited by ddlong25; 11-13-13 at 14:45.

Feedback Score
    Since you have no great emergency to get the XDs, save your money, then buy it. Meanwhile keep using the MP9c.

Trigger job for the MP is only a few hundred bucks so that may be attained faster than the $450 plus you'll need for a XDs.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This Springfield XDS?:
    http://www.springfieldrecall.com/

Caveat emptor and all that, it seems...
    Pat
    Where violence is the local language, be fluent.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Install the Apex DCAEK (or various other parts of your choice) in your M&P and it will improve the trigger some and it's less expensive than a new gun.

On a side note a friend of mine has an XDS and it has a horrible trigger IMO. I have no idea if that one is representative of the majority of XDS pistols though.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ddlong25 View Post
    Unlike some people, I can't afford to own multiple guns. I presently have a S&W 9C for the range and Concealed Carry. I'm looking at swapping it out for the XDS 9mm. My reasons are the trigger on the 9C. (yes, I could have the trigger worked on, but read my first sentence). 2nd reason is a slightly less weight and a little easier to carry concealed. All the reviews that I have read state that the XDS would be a good concealed carry weapon, which is main reason Springfield created it, but no one mentions about taking it to the range for an afternoon of shooting. Other than the trigger, I consider the S&W a good gun and I find it comfortable to shoot at the range. Has anyone shot both of these and can give me their opinion?

thanks.
    Just so we are clear, you like your M&P 9C and it shoots well. So you are going to sell it (which you will lose money on) and then buy an XD?

I would suggest doing some polishing and or adding SOME apex parts to your gun. This will make a big difference and isn't very much money.

C4

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    M&P 9C is a much better choice than the XDs. If you had to go lighter/slimmer, a Shield would be an easier transition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    It is a cheap Airsoft quality Eotech half ass knockoff- I just had a student with one in a basic class about a month ago and it laid down faster than a cheap hooker

Feedback Score
    Your carry gun should be very close if not identical to the one you train with.

As far as weight, buy a good belt. I highly recommend the Ares Gear Ranger belt.

I also recommend doing a search on here on the XD.
    Last edited by Trajan; 11-13-13 at 20:12.
    Dogma is failure - Ken Hackathorn

Only performance counts - Paul Sharp

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    Your training gun should be very close if not identical to the one you train with.
    uh...wha?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by varoadking View Post
    uh...wha?
    Sorry, I meant carry. Edited.
    Dogma is failure - Ken Hackathorn

Only performance counts - Paul Sharp

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The XDS wasn't designed as a range toy may not find an afternoon at the range to be much fun. Speaking as a former XDS owner, your much better off with the smith.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast