Thread: Lexington Container Company?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Lexington Container Company?

I did a search for Lexington Container Company on the forum but couldn't find anything (search returned hundreds of posts). Does anyone have any experience with this company?

Lexington Container Company

They have some pretty good prices on storage containers, including Scepter military water cans, but their website has an unusual ordering system. After clicking on an item (which is listed as "in stock and ready to ship"), the site takes you to a form to fill out your contact info so they can they can supposedly send you a price quote for the number of items you want to order. Seems like an unusual and user unfriendly way of ordering, as opposed to just adding items to a cart and paying. The process just made me suspicious, so I thought I'd check here first.

Thanks,

Dave

Feedback Score
    I ordered some Jerry cans from them earlier this year. I think they are very old school and the fact that they have a website at all is a stretch. If you call them they are very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful but not computer savvy. The cans I bought were in perfect condition. Individually wrapped in paper and double boxed. I would order from them again.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks a lot - that's just what I needed to know. I'm happy to support a small, old school business. I'll give them a call.

Dave

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I wanted to update this thread to share that I finally got around to ordering from this company and had a very positive experience. To be honest, I just never got around to calling them - I'm too used to the ease of ordering off a website, and funds got a little tight over the winter. I went back to their site last Sunday, Apr 6, and I discovered that they have added a new web-based ordering system through a third party. I placed an order for 3 Scepter 5 gal military water cans for $37.99 each with free shipping, which I thought was a good deal. They shipped on Monday and arrived via UPS today. They are brand new and in perfect shape. I'll definitely order from them again in the future.

Dave

Feedback Score
    The only thing I don't like is their shipping restrictions on 55 gal drums, I believe there is a minimum purchase requirement but I can't really blame them. I really want to set up rain water collection using the system they offer. Their prices really are excellent.
    "If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen"

-Samuel Adams, 1776