Thread: Camping in VA/Northern NC

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Camping in VA/Northern NC

I went camping at the Cove Campground in Gore, VA two weeks ago and had a blast. Every time I've gone out to the woods in the last 5 years its been for the Army. My friends and I are looking for other places that are good to spend a night or two. Ideally located not too far (3 hours maybe) from Hampton Roads, but I have a feeling there won't be much around here. The biggest pros to the Cove were that they allowed alcohol and had a shooting range out to 100 yards, with 4 steel silhouettes. They were also really laid back about rules on the range. Any ideas?
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Spent a long weekend at Douthat State Park a couple of weeks back. Had a great time.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    In my 4 years I didn't see much. However, Blue Ridge mtns are about 2 hours from Hampton Roads and have a bunch of opportunities. Unfortunately, it's hard to truly ''get away'' since you can see civilization from most of it. Also look at GW nat'l forest, in Northern VA.

Good luck!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    The AT is very local in NW NC/SW Virginia. Three, maybe 4, hours from central NC.