Thread: Glock Grip Reduction With Mag Funnel

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Glock Grip Reduction With Mag Funnel

Has anyone reduced a grip on a Glock specifically for use with any for the mag funnels out there? Mag funnels seem to becoming more popular but add length to the grip making the pistol harder to conceal.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Most comprehensive Glock grip reductions make external funnels/magwells unnecessary, which is why I think the answer to your question is no.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    In addition to what YVK said. Most magwells add girth to the pistol which is by and large NOT desired when it comes to a CCW piece...especially on the grip side of the gun.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Agree with above ^

If its a carry piece, a ramped plug insert is useful or if your reducing the grip angle than filling the rear and shaping to form a mag ramp/chute is nice.

My G17 range/training piece has a Sentinel Mag Well that I use in conjunction with Arredondo Extensions.
    I've been meaning to do the grip on this and I'll still retain the magwell. More for the stippling, but might as well do the backstrap
    Last edited by SPDGG; 11-18-13 at 23:59.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    Has anyone reduced a grip on a Glock specifically for use with any for the mag funnels out there? Mag funnels seem to becoming more popular but add length to the grip making the pistol harder to conceal.
    Most grip reductions will not allow the use of an aftermarket mag well as the grip is re-profiled. Most all magwells are secured with a plug in the backstrap channel, which is filled during most reduction process. There are a few companies that do reductions and will build a magwell onto the grip after the reduction. These of course are permanent and cannot be removed.

TXPO
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com