Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Chest injury bench pressing

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    OP,

Look into band pull a parts et al. Great for shoulder rehab/prehab stuff.

Also I've had results using bands for most all of pre lift dynamic warm up work.

Maybe also try benching with a fat bar or fat grips to reduce some of the stress.
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 07-20-14 at 10:19.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I'll look into those JP, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I'll tell you one I've done every so often is to sit with DB's and palms facing forward at your sides. Raise your arms in an arc until the DB's meet over your head then lower back to starting position. Maybe 15-20lb DB's, nothing heavy. You don't have to do super slow reps but they must be controlled. Burns the shoulders pretty good.
    I'm going to give these a try, but I might wait a while before doing any shoulder work again. Just doing that motion you described at my desk (with no weights) elicited uneasy sounding popping and soreness.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 07-20-14 at 17:30.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I'll look into those JP, thanks.

I'm going to give these a try, but I might wait a while before doing any shoulder work again. Just doing that motion you described at my desk (with no weights) elicited uneasy sounding popping and soreness.
    LOL! Mine too! That's why I'm having shoulder surgery #6 tomorrow (4 left, 2 right)! A bit of knuckleheadedness contributes, i.e not knowing when to quit. You may not want to listen to me!

j/k..............I'm pushing 49 and have been regularly lifting (surgeries excepted of course) for ~ 27 years. That is a shoulder move that has "thumbs up", which is supposed to be better on the shoulder/rotator cuff. Of course if your shoulder is already compromised then be careful. Let pain dictate.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 07-20-14 at 22:01.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345