Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winchester's new line of ammo

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Winchester's new line of ammo

Win1911 designed for 1911s:http://www.americanrifleman.org/arti...esters-win1911

230gr flat point FMJ (a favorite load of Jeff Cooper) and a 230gr JHP both with nickel plated jackets. Wonder what's up with the nickel jackets?
    Last edited by Amp Mangum; 11-20-13 at 19:24.
    I treat my lawnmower better than I treat my 1911.

Feedback Score
    If the price is right......$13 for 50 I would by some. Something tells me that it will end up as another high priced gimmick. I haven't bought any factory ammo for months. I love to reload so no big deal.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    If the price is right......$13 for 50 I would by some. Something tells me that it will end up as another high priced gimmick. I haven't bought any factory ammo for months. I love to reload so no big deal.
    Yeah, I'm sure this is just something they figured they could market for a higher price. That being said, my CRG, though it has never malfunctioned, seems to be a little sluggish when returning to battery with WWB. Is it just weak ammo?
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great solution to a non-existant problem.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Mainly a marketing ploy.......new ammo, must get!
    As far as the nickel plating? Only advantage, that I know of, is corrosion resistance.

Feedback Score
    Dont hold your breath for 13$ ammo. Doubt you'll ever see factory ammo go that low again. And I heard another benefit of the nickel plating is for better visibility during a press check in not so good lighting.

*edit* just re-read and the jacketing on the bullet is nickel? then yeah not sure why, the above references nickel casings.
    I agree that it seems kind of gimmicky... pretty much like that zombie hornady stuff.
    Last edited by Jaykayyy; 11-21-13 at 11:23.
    We get it, you're a HSLD operator who knows what's what and wants everyone else to know that you know that we know that you know what's up. ~ elricfate

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    factory 45 ACP for 13 per 50 LOL. I dont know if I have seen it that low since 2007 and even then I think I was paying 15 per 50 at Walmart. Seems to be $20 per 50 for cheap stuff is one of the better prices.

Hell, I am not that far under $13/50 reloading FMJ.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Um...

Wow. 45ACP designed to work in a 1911. That's some serious forward thinkin' there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    Um...

Wow. 45ACP designed to work in a 1911. That's some serious forward thinkin' there.
    Exactly. I kind of thought the round was named for a reason .45 Auto Colt Pistol.. Perhaps it was just a strange coincidence back in 1911. Glad they finally matched the ammo to the pistol though, how did we manage the past 112 years?!

It is things like this that make we wish I could have been in that marketing discussion room:

Rising Star Adman: "I've got a brilliant idea for a new product!"

Pointy Haired Boss: "What is it?"

RSA: "How about we design ammo for that really cool hot pistol everyone is making?"

PHB: "Which one, the M&P? The P30? The XDM? Sure not that old-hat thing the Glock with 50 gazillon in sales?"

RSA: "Ha! No, of course not those. I mean that new pistol featured on all the mags these days--the 1911!! We could call the ammo something catchy like .45 ACP!!"

PHB: "Brilliant! I should have thought of that. Now I know why I hired the owner's bastard son to run our marketing campaigns! I'm brilliant too! Good thing I got rid of that old fuddy duddy that kept mumbling something about that ancient piece of junk by that guy named Moses Somethingorother. We want the new cool stuff!"
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    Wow...glad this came out!

We need more fmj 45 ammo choices like we need more Philippine made 1911 variants!

LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast