Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: how do you conceal a G19?

Feedback Score

how do you conceal a G19?

Perhaps this is a stupid question. If it is, it's not my first.

To all those who say "if you can conceal a G26, you can conceal a G19", I would like to respectfully ask how?

I mean this sincerely. I have a G26 that is my CCW, and I am in the market for a G19. Now that it is getting cooler out, I have been experimenting with carrying my G26 with my backup G19 mag inserted. I use a Comp-tac C-tac holster, and it does a great job of concealing my G26 w/standard G26 mag under an untucked polo shirt. But if I swap mags and insert a G19 mag, I get all kinds of printing. If I am wearing some kind of relatively heavy sweater, sweatshirt, fleece pullover, etc I can conceal it just fine, but remove that garment, or move back into summer, and the base of the mag prints.

I am neither thin nor fat (although I could stand to shift some of my mass from my gut back up to where it was in my youth). I've tried carrying at 3 o'clock through the dial to about 5:47, and nothing seems to work. What am I doing wrong?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You also may need to adjust the cant and you may need a better belt. I assume you are trying the G19 mag just to try out the size because I don't expect it to conceal as well as a G19 due to the sharper edges.

-john

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    To me it's always been about the drape of the shirt. Some cling, some drape right assuming your shoulders are wider than your waist. Stretching a shirt width wise before you wear it helps as well.

Feedback Score
    Have you tried the 1-2 o'clock position? That is what works best for me -- seems to conceal the extra grip length best.
    U.S. Army (RET)
    NRA, GOA, SAF, IDPA, USPSA member

Feedback Score
    I conceal carry a glock 19, and have been for about the last 6 years , IWB Blade-tech, the only suggestion I will try to make is a good holster make all the difference in the world. If you are going to conceal the 26, run it with the standard 10 round flush mag. To use the 26 for most concealment, the flush mag offer that option more. The 19 is your reload, if you want the extra rounds on tap , then the carrying the Glock 19, makes the most sense, but it also depends on dress code, as i wore an untucked shirt 99 percent of time, and being larger/fat as well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There are men in a room. One is not carrying a pistol. How do you tell which one?

He is the only one well dressed.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    G19 at 4:00 OWB in a Raven on a Cobra belt, (forget who makes it.)
    Wear your belt an inch below your navel.
    Let the curve of the blackstrap blend with the curve of your waist.

I can carry in just a t-shirt like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I never had a problem with 5:00, but AIWB is so much easier. I bought a Bladetech Klipt.

Feedback Score
    I can't conceal anything unless I carry AIWB. Have given up trying to carry at the 4:00 position.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    4-5 with a crossbreed no problem with 17, 19, or a 21 for me.

Absolutely no problem in the cooler months.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast