Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PRO VS Comp M2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

PRO VS Comp M2

Buildiing an M4gery and have decided that I'd rather have a red dot over the TA01 Acog

While a used Comp M2 with a Wilcox mount would be ideal, the older technology in that red dot leaves a bit to be desired.

Im curious if the Comp M2 and the Pro have the same size mounting ring and can fit in the same Wilcox mount?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prez1967 View Post
    Buildiing an M4gery and have decided that I'd rather have a red dot over the TA01 Acog

While a used Comp M2 with a Wilcox mount would be ideal, the older technology in that red dot leaves a bit to be desired.

Im curious if the Comp M2 and the Pro have the same size mounting ring and can fit in the same Wilcox mount?
    Yes. The M2's, M3's and Pro utilize the same size body and mounting ring.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For the price difference the Pro is the best buy IMO.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MH64 View Post
    For the price difference the Pro is the best buy IMO.
    Old thread. Sorry, I thought it was worth revisiting. Often the Aimpoint PRO is substituted for the CompM2 in clones. I have not seen the difference. Looks like an M68 Mod1
    John
    aka LONGSHOT2000

Disclosure:
    Part-Owner of Charlies Custom Clones
    Avid firearms enthusiast and 2A Constitutionalist
    and agitator of the left and the FAKE NEWS
    Scope Slut and Barrel Nerd

Instagram
    twitter
    youtube
    facebook

Feedback Score
    If you run through Aimpoint's specs the PRO and the CompM2 are virtually identical, not just externally but also internally and electronically as well.

Along the same lines, the Aimpoint ACO appears to be the old CompC3 with a new name.

All in all, not a bad idea to revive the classics under a new name.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quijote View Post
    Along the same lines, the Aimpoint ACO appears to be the old CompC3 with a new name.
    I think Pappabear has the ACO. I have the C3, I'm not familiar with the specs on either, but that ACO has been a pain. It always seems to have battery issues. It acts like the battery is low or dead quite often.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I think Pappabear has the ACO. I have the C3, I'm not familiar with the specs on either, but that ACO has been a pain. It always seems to have battery issues. It acts like the battery is low or dead quite often.
    That sounds like a problem with his particular unit and not indicative of anything else.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quijote View Post
    That sounds like a problem with his particular unit and not indicative of anything else.
    I'm sure that's true. The PRO and the ACO just feel like cheaper sights. I know nothing about the specs/materials, but the brightness knob doesn't feel as stout, and the brightness levels don't match my C3. I'm used to the C3, and don't like stepping out of my comfort zone.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'm sure that's true. The PRO and the ACO just feel like cheaper sights. I know nothing about the specs/materials, but the brightness knob doesn't feel as stout, and the brightness levels don't match my C3. I'm used to the C3, and don't like stepping out of my comfort zone.
    I can't see or feel any qualitative difference between my CompC and my PRO. The brightness levels are different, because the PRO, like the M2, is NV compatible and the CompC is not.

Aimpoint is not skimping on materials, they just can't charge a premium on older designs.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The more I look at the PRO and CompM2, there is no discernible difference. Aimpoint tells me that I cannot dive to 100m with the PRO. Darn. Maybe something on the coating is slightly different, not mil-spec of ISO 9001. I like the PRO a lot. We are picking up old M2's, largely in trade and some LEO upgrades, and cleaning them up, putting new knobs on them, and some we will Cerakote. Just like new, for those who want the M2. Price point will be on par with a PRO, looks like. Pair them up with new Wilcox mounts, and badda-bing. Clone ready.

Aimpoint does not make junk. Still, not a fan of the ACO. I am getting used to the M5. I like it a lot, but when you put it side by side with the T2 and PRO, I am not seeing where the extra price / cost comes in.
    John
    aka LONGSHOT2000

Disclosure:
    Part-Owner of Charlies Custom Clones
    Avid firearms enthusiast and 2A Constitutionalist
    and agitator of the left and the FAKE NEWS
    Scope Slut and Barrel Nerd

Instagram
    twitter
    youtube
    facebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast